General Pacific Fleet drama unfolding!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
the chain of command, in theory, only really works because of the push to 'resolve all issues at the lowest possible level'...which means you don't jump the chain going up, and you don't jump the chain going down.

if you have a problem with your boss, you tell his boss. You don't send a firey email to the Admiral. And the reverse is true - if the Admiral wants you fired, he tells your boss to fire you, and lets him choose the time and place.

it just feels like perverse 'virtue' signalling to the Executive, like Modley was just trying to make sure that whoever gave him the memo with 3 talking points on it heard him go hard on those points for 15m.
I know exactly how it works, I also know the Captain would have a different outlook if one of his Junior Officers did the same thing to him.

The chain of command thing isnt implied, its explicitly spelled out so you understand exactly what it means.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
This thread has inspired me to fill the rest of my day sending my Jarhead friends memes reminding them they were really in the Navy. Thanks ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude for giving me something to do during quarantine.

psychicdeath

Jan 21, 2015
Eh. I assume the captain was removed not because of what he wrote, but for sending the letter out to everybody and their dog. Circumventing the chain of command is something that comes with repercussions.

Telling your boss "Hey, there's a major problem and we need to do something fast!" is part of his duty.

Telling your boss "Hey, there's a major problem and we need to do something fast!" and also copying 30 other people thus ensuring your command's combat ready status gets leaked to the press is career suicide.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Maybe he saw a major, major fuck up.

So big that he knew going to his superior would have meant a cover up.

Look what has happened.

He had zero trust in his immediate superiors and zero trust in the commander in chief.

Guy is a goddamn hero in my book.

M

member 1013

America doesn’t even need a navy

it has so many nukes

nukes r cray

oh but Lars the navy offers second strike nuclear capability

Yea

u rite

but i am still rite too

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke