Padding One's Record in Combat Sports

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

WEWEREONABREAK

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's not my intention, in making this thread, to bash anyone in an overly hard manner but I think it's strange that, in 2018, the aforementioned practice is still allowed.

I was looking at records while placing some bets and I noticed that the combined record of the women Maia Stevenson has defeated is 0-23 (doubling one record due to having fought said woman twice, but you can take that out and just go with 0-17, if you want).

0-23....

This is not really acceptable anymore, imho. And I'm amazed that these sorts of noob-crushing sprees are sanctioned to this day.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
I actually think this will become more prevalent especially in a post Floyd, post Khabib world. There is so much value placed on being an unbeaten fighter, in fact if you are not an exciting fighter its the next best thing to sell PPVs.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I actually think this will become more prevalent especially in a post Floyd, post Khabib world. There is so much value placed on being an unbeaten fighter, in fact if you are not an exciting fighter its the next best thing to sell PPVs.
I disagree. The level of competition at the top is that high that it's very hard to avoid someone who can beat you. Bellator had some kid show up that was 28-0 I think. Lost his first fight there. Same happened for that Jason something dude in UFC. Squashed cans then got his ass kicked