Paige VanZant explains decision to move back to Portland, ‘start over’ with a new gym

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Paige VanZant hasn’t done much media since her last UFC fight, a tough loss to Michelle Waterson in December, but that doesn’t mean she’s not gearing up already for her return to the Octagon.

In fact, “12 Gauge” plans on showing a different fighter whenever she get back in action.

"It was a really tough loss, it was really hard on me, but, actually, for the most part, I’m getting used to training with a new fight camp,” VanZant told MMA Fighting. "I moved back to Portland, Oregon, to be with family, so I guess I’m taking some time to adjust to a new fight team and a new gym for my upcoming fight.”

Paige VanZant explains decision to move back to Portland, ‘start over’ with a new gym

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
only good gyms she can find in Portland are "straight blast gym" or team quest. team quest might be past it's prime doe. she would be better off training in orange county or San diego. she could also train in Washington state with AMC.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Other than the Sonnen connection, I'm a little impressed by the interview. After her last ass-kicking, I would not have been surprised to see her take her marketable look to greener pastures, but it sounds like she's committed to fighting. Good on her.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
only good gyms she can find in Portland are "straight blast gym" or team quest. team quest might be past it's prime doe. she would be better off training in orange county or San diego. she could also train in Washington state with AMC.
AMC more than likely wouldn't take her. And yeah, where she clearly states she wants to be by family in oregon, so move to Southern cali.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
She needs to commit full time to fighting or move on.while she is busy dancing with the stars and out making media appearances the other girls in her division are training their asses off.a part time fighter will not succeed at the top level

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Come on now. Cynthia Calvillo was taking her lunch money and ice cream. You know Paige cannot handle it if the other girls are getting two scoops, too.

Chael said, "At my gym, everybody gets two scoops. But you can have three."

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Come on now. Cynthia Calvillo was taking her lunch money and ice cream. You know Paige cannot handle it if the other girls are getting two scoops, too.

Chael said, "At my gym, everybody gets two scoops. But you can have three."
Cynthia gave her an oil check

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
She needs to commit full time to fighting or move on.while she is busy dancing with the stars and out making media appearances the other girls in her division are training their asses off.a part time fighter will not succeed at the top level
you don't have to win to succeed in the fighting business.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I've heard repeatedly that PVZ is a total sweetheart who isn't just humble, she actually has a bit of a self-esteem issue. This would explain her sometimes coming off as awkward or some of the rumors where she slept with at least three members of TAM. If sleeping with male teammates makes her popular with them, she's gonna gravitate towards that because she's someone who grew up not liking herself very much.

I know it's weird that someone who looks like her could have self esteem issues but it's common on people who were bullied a bunch as a kid or who were abused. I know the former applies to her at least.

I just think it's silly to assume PVZ's some diva type. If she was she probably wouldn't have gotten into the face-punching business in the first place, or would have left as soon as she hit a wall like she has if she had other options.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Dear Paige,

If you need a massage therapist, please let me know. I can be in Portland tomorrow.

T

The Big Guy

The reality is that shes already fucked garbrandt and probably a few other gym members

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I know it's weird that someone who looks like her could have self esteem issues but it's common on people who were bullied a bunch as a kid or who were abused. I know the former applies to her at least.
Bullying can be an aspect, but I think it is more a testament to the fact that as humans, you're either happy with yourself or you aren't. Just like having a bunch of money doesn't make anybody happier, being good looking doesn't stop the train of insecurity.

I should know, I'm GORGEOUS.