Paige VanZant & Joanne Calderwood will headline UFC Fight Night on Dec. 10th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC female strawweight contenders Paige VanZant and Joanne Calderwood will headline a UFC Fight Night event on Dec. 10 in Las Vegas.

Officials confirmed the 115-pound main event to ESPN.com on Thursday. The card will be held inside The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan and air on UFC Fight Pass, its Internet subscription service.

Frankie Edgar andChad Mendes. On Dec. 12, UFC 194, featuring a featherweight title unification bout between Jose Aldoand Conor McGregor, will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

LINK: Paige VanZant, Joanne Calderwood to headline December UFC Fight Night

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Great fight I love these two...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
We will find out how good PVZ STAND UP is for real...plus Calderwood is coming off a WAR in which I loved..

SagiTTarius

Sep 10, 2015
I just can't believe how they dodged the #7 in Randa Markos. It's kinda heart breaking but, she can't run forever.
Randa deserved this one, but congrats to both girls on the headliner.

WAR RANDA!

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think this matchup was made because JoJo has absolutely ZERO grappling. I'd give Calderwood the slight edge in the standup, but she's really embarrassed herself on the mat in her past couple fights. If they go to the ground, Paige is going to dominate her.

BTW: LOL @ DANA FUCKING WHITE. You pushed PVZ ahead of Randa in the rankings despite having done nothing to earn it, and then ensured Paige wouldn't have to fight Randa when they both wanted it. UFC rankings are a joke, and it's getting hard to take the sport seriously.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
I am not sure that I will go so far as to say matching 6 vs 8 makes it hard to take the sport seriously. This is a great fight.

Dana doesn't control the rankings. Her spot increased after she won her last fight, which commonly happens after active fighters win.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I like both fighters but Jo is very nice so I'll root for her. I'm not saying Paige isn't nice but I don't know her.

JoJo obviously has (vastly) superior striking to PVZ but I think she'll struggle to deal with the wrestling and work rate.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
I just watched more tape on JoJo. This woman is technical as f everywhere. I think she might do PVZ in. This division is way better than 135.

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Looking forward to this, genuinely surprised it's the man event and a five rounder though. Definitely trying to fast track pvz to a title shot.

#teamjojo all the way (I'm Scottish, don't even have to think about this one).

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Really awesome fight, but what about this dignifies it being a main event ? I get it Paige is surging right now and calderwood has a good following but what about these two merits it being main event?? I mean even just considering that Jim Miller vs Michael Chiesa is on that same card. Hopefully they have a great battle to kick off that crazy weekend of fights .

MMA.X

MMA.X for knockouts , subs ,slams and more
Sep 18, 2015
Looking forward to this, genuinely surprised it's the man event and a five rounder though. Definitely trying to fast track pvz to a title shot.

#teamjojo all the way (I'm Scottish, don't even have to think about this one).
Agreed not sure why this fight is main event but well actually I know why...lol its because Paige is such an easy sell right now and no doubt that's what Dana is banking on by making this the main event . I predict that Miller vs chiesha is gunna blow this fight out that water and seem like the main event , what about that thiago Santos vs Theodorue fight ? Will Santos get another crazy knockout or will that guy with hair grapple out a win?

CaffeineBomb

Sep 8, 2015
Definitely would have preferred to see Randa vs PVZ in a 3 rounder. Only reason I can think of for the main event is they want PVZ to get the exposure of it and used to a 5 rounder before she's rushed into a fight for the title.