Parenting: the Official TMMAC Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just had to wrestle my screaming daughter down to preform a minor surgery. She came home from daycare with a huge chick pea shoved up her nose. I don’t know how she fit it up there in the first place. God I hate making her do things she doesn’t want to do, I can’t handle it. She has a bed head most of the time because as soon as she starts crying I stop brushing her hair. I’m weak.
oh geez
did you get the chickpea?

once I plugged my ears with gum and got an ear infection when I was very young...or so I am told

fukin kids got wild ideas

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
oh geez
did you get the chickpea?

once I plugged my ears with gum and got an ear infection when I was very young...or so I am told

fukin kids got wild ideas
I got it. But she's pissed. I tried pinning her nose closed and blowing into her mouth first and she freaked out. I got it with tweezers.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I got it. But she's pissed. I tried pinning her nose closed and blowing into her mouth first and she freaked out. I got it with tweezers.
yikes
sounds intense

good job dad, even though she will be pissed

just give extra love when she gets comfortable again

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Just had to wrestle my screaming daughter down to preform a minor surgery. She came home from daycare with a huge chick pea shoved up her nose. I don’t know how she fit it up there in the first place. God I hate making her do things she doesn’t want to do, I can’t handle it. She has a bed head most of the time because as soon as she starts crying I stop brushing her hair. I’m weak.
If her hair gets tangled easily try combing it in the bath - wet it after putting a little conditioner in it. Best to brush tangles out by starting at the bottom - still downward strokes though, you know what I'm talking about?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If her hair gets tangled easily try combing it in the bath - wet it after putting a little conditioner in it. Best to brush tangles out by starting at the bottom - still downward strokes though, you know what I'm talking about?
starting at top increases tangles
I learned that the hard way as a long hair

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Sometimes you want to strangle your kids for keeping you up all night, hitting you in the face (my daughter hits me pretty often and I’ll lightly slap her hand and say don’t then she immediately glares at me and hits my hand back), throwing food all over the kitchen and jumping on your nuts “accidentally”, but then they give you that smile, your heart melts, your anger disappears and everything is good again.

Manipulative little bastards.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Sometimes you want to strangle your kids for keeping you up all night, hitting you in the face (my daughter hits me pretty often and I’ll lightly slap her hand and say don’t then she immediately glares at me and hits my hand back), throwing food all over the kitchen and jumping on your nuts “accidentally”, but then they give you that smile, your heart melts, your anger disappears and everything is good again.

Manipulative little bastards.
very manipulative and they know exactly what they're doing.............they pretend they don't but you and I know.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Bump. First death of a pet for my son. Cat is about 17 years old (we think), tried to make a crazy big jump she could never do, fell and broke her pelvis very badly. Pupils were different sizes, so they're not sure if she also hit her head, or if something happened in her brain that made her try it to begin with.

We said good-bye this morning. They said she might pass on her own during the night (it happened while he was sleeping), but she didn't. We have opted not to explain euthanasia at this time.

He's having a hard enough time with the idea of her dying - kept calling himself a "stupid cat-feeder" and saying he must have given her the wrong food, even though we explained several times that it happened because she is old, and she lived so long because he took such good care of her. He is so sad and angry.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It’s been a while since anyone has bumped this thread....

Last night my son (6yo) lost his first TWO teeth (front lower middle two). They’ve been super loose for a week or so and new ones are already pushing in.

We’ve been encouraging him to wiggle them and whatnot, but he’s been pretty cool with them just flopping around in there.

Last night they were crazy loose and we tried to get him to give them a pull. But he got all upset and was in tears because he said he wasn’t ready for them to be gone. And then, after all the tears, he got up at 3am this morning and pulled them both on is own! I woke when I heard him get up, and when I went in to check on him they were already on the bathroom counter. He went from being super sad that “his teeth would be gone forever”, to super proud of himself. He’s been bragging all day about how tough he is :D

Another milestone!

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015

Last night my son (6yo) lost his first TWO teeth (front lower middle two). They’ve been super loose for a week or so and new ones are already pushing in.

We’ve been encouraging him to wiggle them and whatnot, but he’s been pretty cool with them just flopping around in there.

Last night they were crazy loose and we tried to get him to give them a pull. But he got all upset and was in tears because he said he wasn’t ready for them to be gone. And then, after all the tears, he got up at 3am this morning and pulled them both on is own! I woke when I heard him get up, and when I went in to check on him they were already on the bathroom counter. He went from being super sad that “his teeth would be gone forever”, to super proud of himself. He’s been bragging all day about how tough he is :D

Another milestone!
Awwww! Hope the tooth fairy was generous! :wink:

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Awwww! Hope the tooth fairy was generous! :wink:
Well, since this happened at 3am, the TF will be coming tonight. I think she’ll be generous :)

He is very adamant that she does not “take his teeth forever”, but we told them he had to put them out to prove to her that they were actually gone. But apparently we’re keeping them hah. What do I do with two tiny teeth?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Well, since this happened at 3am, the TF will be coming tonight. I think she’ll be generous :)

He is very adamant that she does not “take his teeth forever”, but we told them he had to put them out to prove to her that they were actually gone. But apparently we’re keeping them hah. What do I do with two tiny teeth?
keep em in something tiny?
give em back when he knows the jig is up?
my dad is a dentist and he just threw em out, never saw em again

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Another milestone!
eventually they are impossible not to mess with...I remember twisting them till the root gave way

sounds like a bad ass lil dude

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015

My mom has mine and my son’s. I love him, but teeth REALLY gross me out. Like, I can handle poop and throw up... but teeth really get to me.
I guess keep them in like a ziplock baggie it small container, and then when he’s older, give them back if he want? I think there are special containers out there, too.

My son hates messing with his loose teeth. He has one right now that is loose and the adult tooth is in already behind it... he refuses to mess with it. The dentist is gonna have to pull it, like she did with another one.

Your son’s wiggling and pulling has me jealous!

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
My mom has mine and my son’s. I love him, but teeth REALLY gross me out. Like, I can handle poop and throw up... but teeth really get to me.
I guess keep them in like a ziplock baggie it small container, and then when he’s older, give them back if he want? I think there are special containers out there, too.

My son hates messing with his loose teeth. He has one right now that is loose and the adult tooth is in already behind it... he refuses to mess with it. The dentist is gonna have to pull it, like she did with another one.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
keep em in something tiny?
give em back when he knows the jig is up?
my dad is a dentist and he just threw em out, never saw em again
That was the original plan - chuck em and move on. But, he’s been a bit sensitive to that so we’re adjusting accordingly so that this isn’t a bad experience for him. He’s got a lot more to go, so I don’t want it to get off track this early. We got a little wooden box that we put them in. That way the TF can come find them tonight, but he absolutely does not want here to “steal his teeth” hah

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

Hopefully down the road we can just toss them. But in the short term he’s not down with some Fairy stealing his teeth hah

We got a little wooden box to put them in so that we can prove to the TF that he pulled his teeth. We’re figuring this out on the fly, so hopefully we can move on after this because he has a lot ore teeth to go!

Edit:
My son just wrote a letter for the tooth fairy.

It says:
“I have 2 teeth to show you, not to take. Thank you.”

Haha

Last edited:

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Hopefully down the road we can just toss them. But in the short term he’s not down with some Fairy stealing his teeth hah

We got a little wooden box to put them in so that we can prove to the TF that he pulled his teeth. We’re figuring this out on the fly, so hopefully we can move on after this because he has a lot ore teeth to go!

Edit:
My son just wrote a letter for the tooth fairy.

It says:
“I have 2 teeth to show you, not to take. Thank you.”

Haha
I took my 3 year old daughter to the dentist last month, she was complaining that her teeth hurt. So I’m freaked out a bit thinking I’ve fucked up and she has a mouth full of cavities or something. We go to the dentist and I’m stressed as he’s looking into her mouth, thinking he’s going to look at me and say “What the fuck have you done?”. But he says her teeth are perfect, no problems. On the ride home, my daughter starts crying. She was feeling around her mouth saying “they didn’t take my teeth out”. I was like “Buddy you need your teeth so you can eat”. The whole way home she was whining and crying “I don’t want to my teeth Daddy. I don’t want to have teeth.” It was weird and freaked me out.

When we got home and she calmed down we talked about it, and I figured out that at daycare a boy in her class told her that one of his teeth hurt so he went to the dentist and had it pulled. I guess she thought it sounded cool, because the little asshole came home and started faking that her teeth hurt, and freaking me out just so she could go to the dentist and have teeth pulled like her friend.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I took my 3 year old daughter to the dentist last month, she was complaining that her teeth hurt. So I’m freaked out a bit thinking I’ve fucked up and she has a mouth full of cavities or something. We go to the dentist and I’m stressed as he’s looking into her mouth, thinking he’s going to look at me and say “What the fuck have you done?”. But he says her teeth are perfect, no problems. On the ride home, my daughter starts crying. She was feeling around her mouth saying “they didn’t take my teeth out”. I was like “Buddy you need your teeth so you can eat”. The whole way home she was whining and crying “I don’t want to my teeth Daddy. I don’t want to have teeth.” It was weird and freaked me out.

When we got home and she calmed down we talked about it, and I figured out that at daycare a boy in her class told her that one of his teeth hurt so he went to the dentist and had it pulled. I guess she thought it sounded cool, because the little asshole came home and started faking that her teeth hurt, and freaking me out just so she could go to the dentist and have teeth pulled like her friend.
Hahaha, that's pretty damn funny man.....she wanted her teeth pulled because of peer pressure?! hah!

Trying to rationalize with a little one is tricky business sometimes, but at least nothing was actually wrong and that you didn't jump the gun and get her teeth pulled :D.

Kids are the best. My son says some pretty wild stuff, cracks me up every day with something. We keep a journal of all of the wild stuff he says and does (or wants to do), and that story from your daughter is very journal worthy IMO :)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
my wee ones have become enamored with chess. I was recommended a book, Chess is Child's Play, and it does an amazing job of showing you how to teach kids the game. Even the 2 yo is picking up pieces and saying the name. I'm not chess-master, not by a long shot, but I like the game and play every once in awhile.

This is my 4 yo, stomping my ass at chess. I did win in the end, but the little turd just plays SOLID fundamentals. Never leaves a piece unsupported, knows the 'value' of each piece and how to decide if a trade is 'good'. She just gets frustrated because she wants to Win, and doesn't want to make a 'wrong' move.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
my wee ones have become enamored with chess. I was recommended a book, Chess is Child's Play, and it does an amazing job of showing you how to teach kids the game. Even the 2 yo is picking up pieces and saying the name. I'm not chess-master, not by a long shot, but I like the game and play every once in awhile.

This is my 4 yo, stomping my ass at chess. I did win in the end, but the little turd just plays SOLID fundamentals. Never leaves a piece unsupported, knows the 'value' of each piece and how to decide if a trade is 'good'. She just gets frustrated because she wants to Win, and doesn't want to make a 'wrong' move.

I'm gonna look this book up
My boy likes chess so I'd like to make it more exciting instead of just going through the drills

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm gonna look this book up
My boy likes chess so I'd like to make it more exciting instead of just going through the drills
it's really good for teaching what the pieces are, how they move, how to 'analyze' trades with a point system, and some cool mini-games that teach the strengths and weaknesses of each piece.

I was telling my wife the other day that the 4yo was having trouble with the knight, maybe I should review it with her...then in the pic she had jumped my defense with her knight and lit me up. She just kept moving her knight to where I was in check and another piece was targeted. Just cleared out 4 pieces in a row, like she was playing checkers FFS.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

That’s pretty cool man. I was never much of a chess player, but I think this is something that my son would get into. I’m gonna show that book to my wife (she’s all about games that we can do together). I’m sure I can learn as much as my 6yo with this book ;)