Society Parents: Are You Participating in Halloween This Year

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Will you be participating in Trick-or-Treat activities this year?

• Handing out candy only, but no changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handing out candy only, but modifying

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Handing out candy and taking kids door-to-door

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Taking kids door-to-door only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doing something different

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ain't doin shit.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Trunk or treat is the way to go.

They are having some Drive thru trick or treating here, too.
we normally do a bunch of those, they're really popular in PHX. A lot of churches put on Trunk-or-Treats with bouncy houses, petting zoos, the whole enchilada. We usually hit those in the week leading up, and then take the younguns (ages 3/5/7) around the neighborhood.

Then they pick out few of their favorite candies, and we give all the rest away. I'm pretty sure we'll be back to that next year.

But our neighborhood usually goes all out with decorations and stuff, and on Halloween churches and community groups will load up vans and drop the kids off in our neighborhood. So we aren't going to be anywhere near here this year.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
The day of Halloween is only a small part of it for my family. We usually celebrate over a few weekends with various Halloween-themed activities, but 100% of them were cancelled this year.

A few years ago, my neighborhood was identified in a local newspaper as the best place for trick or treating, which directly resulted in countless randos being literally bused in annually. Most people (including me) stopped handing out candy at that point.

My kids are getting older and told me that they don't really care about getting dressed up and going door to door. If their friends invite them to do something, they'll go. Otherwise, they'll stay in and watch scary movies or something.

As for me, I'll be getting shitfaced at an outdoor beer event with my own friends.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a confession to make.........I have not been able to find packs of king sized bars, so I bought a few boxes of full sized bars.

I'm sorry for failing y'all.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I usually only get 10-15 groups a year at my door. I figure that number will be half that this year. Tempted to go grab some of these giant candy bars to reward those brave enough to risk death .
FDE67C50-C8DB-40F2-B8B6-31F6BB00CEA2.jpeg