General Passing Time During The Quarantine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
This threads for us to recommend ways we can entertain ourselves while spending so much time inside, because scrolling through the same feeds over and over again isn't cutting it.

Here's a few recent things I did: Uncut Gems is great and around 5 bucks to rent on amazon, The Weeknd just dropped an album check it out if you like r&b, and I have links to a site with free comics if you're into that sort of thing. Also work out as much as possible. I'm coming out the house looking like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I cut grass today and cut some wood for the fire pit. Painted a guest bedroom and baseboards yesterday. Going to start a UofL puzzle that I've had for years tomorrow. Starting to get pretty bored.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Still working.
My days are pretty normal still, except I am dragging the lady around and she is my lone crew member.
I work smarter and run the heavy equipment and dangerous saws and stuff, but she is a harder worker and has stanima for days.

I still come home and have a drink and an edible or a toke and watch a movie.

We planted like 100 garden starts last two days though and a few hundred seeds.

Sat in the sun for an hour last few days and tanned my white ass upper body, the sun is making me sleep very well at night.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
This threads for us to recommend ways we can entertain ourselves while spending so much time inside, because scrolling through the same feeds over and over again isn't cutting it.

Here's a few recent things I did: Uncut Gems is great and around 5 bucks to rent on amazon, The Weeknd just dropped an album check it out if you like r&b, and I have links to a site with free comics if you're into that sort of thing. Also work out as much as possible. I'm coming out the house looking like Mark Wahlberg ate Mark Wahlberg.

Uncut gems is one of the worst films ever made.

A complete mess after the original gem scene at the beginning.

Wasn’t the weekend in a scene of this abortion of a film? I’m seeing some correlation.

yiur best off buying some paint. Buying meat. Going for walks and seeing muntjac deer.

cook the meat. Paint walls. See dear.

read birdsong listen to Alan Partridge: Nomad on Audible

Watch Chernobyl

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Uncut gems is one of the worst films ever made.

A complete mess after the original gem scene at the beginning.

Wasn’t the weekend in a scene of this abortion of a film? I’m seeing some correlation.

yiur best off buying some paint. Buying meat. Going for walks and seeing muntjac deer.

cook the meat. Paint walls. See dear.

read birdsong listen to Alan Partridge: Nomad on Audible

Watch Chernobyl
Uncut Gems spoilers

I can't remember being more invested in a scene in any movie than I was during the Celtics game at the end. I think the movie did a great job of capturing an anxious feeling. Not only that but it did a great job of portraying addiction and the deceit and havoc it reeks on a person/people around them. The directors did a great job with Sandler and the whole cast. Mind you a cast made up of a lot of non-actors which is pretty damn impressive.

It sounds to me like you view gems through the same lens I view midsommar.... which is actual dogshit. Fair enough though and thanks for referencing Chernobyl I wasn't aware that there was a series. I was actually just watching a video about how wildlife is thriving in the exclusion zone despite the radiation.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Uncut Gems spoilers

I can't remember being more invested in a scene in any movie than I was during the Celtics game at the end. I think the movie did a great job of capturing an anxious feeling. Not only that but it did a great job of portraying addiction and the deceit and havoc it reeks on a person/people around them. The directors did a great job with Sandler and the whole cast. Mind you a cast made up of a lot of non-actors which is pretty damn impressive.

It sounds to me like you view gems through the same lens I view midsommar.... which is actual dogshit. Fair enough though and thanks for referencing Chernobyl I wasn't aware that there was a series. I was actually just watching a video about how wildlife is thriving in the exclusion zone despite the radiation.

I felt it was hateful.

Yes, it illiterates emotion. For me it was anger.

like John Wick. How stupid do you take me for anger.

it was a neon nightmare. An utter bad dream of a film. Edited so quickly you have no chance to realise this ride is one of pressing buttons to make you anxious enough to forget the appalling plot, bad story arc and utterly ridiculous crescendo that doesn’t make sense.

the characters arc is tonally deaf.

from his false valuation of the stone at the beginning to winning the money that he ‘needed’ to going full retard.

did not make sense. Was a mess on every level.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Uncut Gems spoilers

1) You're right about Uncut Gems. 2) The guy you're dicussing films with has the worst taste in movies of anyone. Ever.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Uncut Gems spoilers

I’ve wondered if it’s because I’m a gambling addict that I hate this film so much.

especially when people I rate as not dumb disagree with me. You are not the first to argue this a good film, and I get you know your shit.

but I watched with it with a friend who has never gambled in his life and he hated it as much as me.

it’s a typical Netflix movie. It’s so broad to hit every demographic. It basically filmed, cast and edited by committee.

for me it’s glaring.

Down to the weekend fucking his girl.

so rubbish imo

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i had the kids pick up a bunch of lemons from the lemon tree, then spent about 4 minutes hiding them in the backyard.

They spent an hour outside running around trying to find them. Now it's a daily thing.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I finally got my 257 Weatherby Magnum back from my machinist buddy who was pillar bedding it. Put a scope on it today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
nothing really changed for us, same o'l stay home introverts. trying to minimize internet use tho, do something that doesn't require electricity.

like playing instruments, drawing, reading books, meditation, all that stuff

but I'm not gonna lie... we do above mentioned like 30% of the time and rest, smoke weed and watch movies, same o'l

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He's wanting to get into gunsmithing type work on the side and it saved me having to buy a pillar kit.
neutral shoe polish, plumbers tape, Devcon Steel putty... I have a bandsaw and calipers, so I cut my own pillars now.
But before I had the bandsaw I used a hacksaw and a Dremel. If you don't have metal stock laying around, buying just the pillars shouldn't be too expensive

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I will probably rent that film I also rented caroll vs shelby whilst eating nachos all day too. I'm going to very fat when the dust settles

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
neutral shoe polish, plumbers tape, Devcon Steel putty... I have a bandsaw and calipers, so I cut my own pillars now.
But before I had the bandsaw I used a hacksaw and a Dremel. If you don't have metal stock laying around, buying just the pillars shouldn't be too expensive
Brownell's sells a decent kit, runs about 60 bucks. If it were something I ever planned on doing again, I'd have likely done it myself, but this was a last ditch effort on a rifle that will likely end up rebarreled if it still doesn't shoot to my satisfaction. In either case, he did a better job than I would have been able to do myself.