General Password managers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Who's using them and what do you like, dislike?

I've been using Roboform for a long while. I have over 300 logins. It's been acting up lately. Their tech support is usually pretty good. I tried Dashlane for about two hours didn't like I had to scroll or search for my logins.

Last Pass says I already used my email to make an account. Couldn't get around that. A lot of users in their forum say it has gone downhill since Logmein bought them. I'm trying out Sticky Password. So far it locked me out for inactivity and I had to login with my master Pword. This won't be long on my PC if I can't disable that. It was able to save a sites logon that Roboform couldn't. I have a few more to try.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
built in chrome form autofill along with chrome automatically suggesting strong passwords
I don't even know many of my passwords

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I use multiple browsers and platforms so I need something to sync to all. Sticky was just uninstalled.

None of the sites pick Roboform as a leader because it's been around for so long. They seem to think scrolling for a login is better than having it on one page and clicking on it. SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD going to give your's a whirl.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I use Keeper, and have been happy with it
I don't think this is going to work. The logins aren't in the taskbar icon unless I am missing something. From your desktop how do you login here without a browser pulled up.

On Roboform I have an icon in my taskbar. I click on it and it brings all my sites up. I clicked on the one I want boom it takes me there and auto logs me in. Does keeper do this? It seems I have to go to the vault first which is a total PITA.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
I don't think this is going to work. The logins aren't in the taskbar icon unless I am missing something. From your desktop how do you login here without a browser pulled up.

On Roboform I have an icon in my taskbar. I click on it and it brings all my sites up. I clicked on the one I want boom it takes me there and auto logs me in. Does keeper do this? It seems I have to go to the vault first which is a total PITA.
I only use Vault from my phone, and it does not do that from there, you need to login to the vault and then you can click through to the intended website from the vault. Does not sound like Keeper is going to do what you need it to.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I only use Vault from my phone, and it does not do that from there, you need to login to the vault and then you can click through to the intended website from the vault. Does not sound like Keeper is going to do what you need it to.
Yeah I just uninstalled it. It was also slowing my browser down also. Having a PM on your phone is great as you have access to everything should you need it. One guy was complaining about last pass. He got pulled over and uses his insurance website to show proof of insurance. Last Pass wouldn't log him in as it said he was too far away from where he normally is. He had to appear in court with his insurance info because of that. He was pissed.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I just remember my passwords like a normal person.

Fukn weirdos

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I just remember my passwords like a normal person.

Fukn weirdos
It's a lot more to it. You don't have to type them in. They autolog you with a mouse click. As Splinty @Splinty pointed out Chrome and most browsers will do that also but in my case with 338 logins if not remembering all those makes me a failure so be up. I can be somewhere and have to use someones computer. I pull up RF and look up my login credentials. Sure you could make a file or spreadsheet but that isn't very secure. If your only PW is Isuckcock24/7onthereg than I get your point.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's a lot more to it. You don't have to type them in. They autolog you with a mouse click. As Splinty @Splinty pointed out Chrome and most browsers will do that also but in my case with 338 logins if not remembering all those makes me a failure so be up. I can be somewhere and have to use someones computer. I pull up RF and look up my login credentials. Sure you could make a file or spreadsheet but that isn't very secure. If your only PW is Isuckcock24/7onthereg than I get your point.
What the fuck is a mouse click?

Real men don't need computers, a OnePlus does it all!

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm almost a real man. I use a trackball. I hate mice. Maybe when you start at In Bruges you can save up for a better phone?
I'm waiting until the one plus 7t pro turbo maclaren edition. I'm predicting 16gb or RAM!