General Pasta, rice, potatoes. Rank them.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Which is best?

• Pasta

• Rice

• Potatoes

Results are only viewable after voting.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Enjoyment/consumption level in your personal day to day life?

Objectively the most useful of the three for humanity overall?

Which one would you choose if you could only eat one of them for the rest of your life?

Rank them according to whichever criteria you want.

But, let's see.

Yes, I am bored. :smile: But somehow, this became the subject of an intra-office debate. I think the office general conclusion is fucked up. I am now curious to see if TMMAC's overall verdict is better. ?

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Potatoes, Rice, Pasta

I grow probably 100 lbs of Potatoes per year so that takes #1
Rice is just easy
I do enjoy raw/fresh pastas...don't cook much dried

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Consumption: I eat rice the most, then potatoes (typically sweet), then pasta.
Enjoyment: Pasta, potatoes, rice

M

member 3289

Enjoyment: Potatoes, rice, pasta

Consumption: Rice, potatoes, pasta

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
For a lot of years, I underrated the hell out of rice. I didn't know how to cook brown rice or wild rice. Once I figured that out, rice leveled up for me in a big way.

??

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Potatoes, Pasta, Rice...

French fries mostly then mashed potato form...

Pasta usually in spaghetti or lasagna...

Rice not as much except with Mexican dishes or teriyaki chicken...

M

member 1013

Enjoyment: potatoes, pasta, rice

consumption: pasta, rice, potatoes

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Taste: pasta, potatoes, rice

Consumption: rice, potatoes, pasta

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Can't beat the price, shelf life of a 50 lb bag of rice. W/ a rice cooker it's a no-brainer 4 me. Don't have the patience or kitchen skills for the others.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
rice cooker

Get in here and learn these neanderthals. They don't know what they are missing

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
You can even make cool stuff with the rice bag. Indestructible material and waterproof. I'm making a little raincoat for a friend's chiwawa. Unfortunately, I may get my man card suspended.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Pasta is a meal, potatoes and rice (with the exception of risotto) are sides. It's not debatable, pasta vomits in their faces.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Pasta is a meal, potatoes and rice (with the exception of risotto) are sides. It's not debatable, pasta vomits in their faces.
Pasta itself is not a meal. You have to add stuff to it to make a meal. Sauce, cheese, chicken. Something. If you want to claim pasta as a meal, you'd have to say rice is because, not only risotto, but stir fry and more which makes rice the more versatile way of making a meal out of these choices.

M

member 1013

Pasta itself is not a meal. You have to add stuff to it to make a meal. Sauce, cheese, chicken. Something. If you want to claim pasta as a meal, you'd have to say rice is because, not only risotto, but stir fry and more which makes rice the more versatile way of making a meal out of these choices.
It’s not pasta until you add that stuff some old Italian told me

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Stir fry can be served without rice. When you go to a Chinese restaurant there are dishes and then they give you rice to go with them. When you go to an Italian restaurant there will be a section that says "Pasta" and everything is there. No one eats plain noodles you weirdo.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
For reference. First result when you Google image "Pasta":

and when you Google image "Rice":

M

member 1013

Stir fry can be served without rice. When you go to a Chinese restaurant there are dishes and then they give you rice to go with them. When you go to an Italian restaurant there will be a section that says "Pasta" and everything is there. No one eats plain noodles you weirdo.
I like a nice el dente with a drizzling of olive oil