General Patents. Anyone have any?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My father in law does, he has been going through the whole process for over 5 years.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My assistant program manager at my old job had some. The company gave him like a hundred bucks a time. It's silly. He should have quit and then sold them his idea.

I have no patents but have a lot of experience in early days research and development, so lots of chops and changes and ideas to make an idea work. Fun times.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
have 1 at Patent Pending, two others that will be submitted this coming week.
I have several "Trade Secrets" which are basically non-detectable IP. I submit through my employer and the attorneys decide if it's a patent or a Trade Secret.

pretty simple. I met with a Patent Attorney, answered all his questions and submitted all the paperwork required. The Pat Pending is through my employer, so the legal firm they use is international and my attorney was in Singapore. The other two are through a private attorney, after my employer passed on the business idea. Those two are related, which saved me a little money on the patent research. I could have done my own research, but it would have risked IP for my employer and there's no way I would have done as thorough of a job as the person I hired. It's probably going to cost about $8k for the two, but I already have an NDA in place with a company that wants to license it, so it didn't hurt to spend the extra money on a pro - and it let me spend a lot more time on developing the product.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
My assistant program manager at my old job had some. The company gave him like a hundred bucks a time. It's silly. He should have quit and then sold them his idea.

I have no patents but have a lot of experience in early days research and development, so lots of chops and changes and ideas to make an idea work. Fun times.
I get $300 for everything that makes it to the attorney and $5k for every patent/trade secret

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Send a draft to the patent attorney for the company I work for, incorporate his feedback, he sends it to the patent office. I get paid for each submission. I get paid more if I get the patent.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I get $300 for everything that makes it to the attorney and $5k for every patent/trade secret
Never filed anything. I've come up with a bunch of shit in the past. It's mostly geared around working smarter not harder. I feel for the guys who take over from me when I leave, because following the spec is a nightmare. I know what's up with it, but the engineer that wrote it has weaponized autism and gets upset if I correct it.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
The recently deceased legend Eddie Van Halen submitted a totally badass drawing when he applied for a patent:

T

The Big Guy

I was involved in a way with someone patenting a new type of hand wrap. It was a woman doing it so i wore the wrap in the patent photos and helped with the design and pushed it at some gyms. Shes one of my best friends so I was involved alot over a period of time.

It cost her like 7 grand in total iirc