Patricio Freire wants to ‘unify’ FW titles with UFC champion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Earlier this month, Patricio “Pitbull” Freire successfully defended his Bellator MMA featherweight belt with an entertaining but grueling unanimous decision over Emmanuel Sanchez at Bellator 209 in Israel. It’s his second title defense since winning the belt back from Daniel Straus in April 2017, and fourth overall through two reigns.

The 31-year-old spoke to Bloody Elbow about the Sanchez win and how it compared with his other title defenses in terms of toughest title fights in his career, and he believes it’s among his most challenging, especially given his post-fight diagnosis.

“This one [vs. Sanchez], the two fights against [Pat] Curran and the second one against…

Bellator featherweight champ Patricio Freire wants to ‘unify’ titles with UFC champion

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No way it happens but it would be awesome to see some Bellator champs fight UFC champs.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Meh. No chance ofthis happening. Would love to see Aldo sign with Bellator and have these two fight, but not holding my breath for that either.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
We also never would've believed in a "trade" with askren and MM.. ruth that said there's less than a .1% chance this happens.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Patricio is one of the best if not the best FW in the world! Been a fan of his for a long time now.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I would like to see good fights, but I do not care about belt unification stuff. I am happy to have Pitbull in Bellator. I don't care if he ever does anything with the UFC.