Patricio vs Straus 3 Willie vs Marcin Held

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015

Bellator will continue its run of tent-pole events in 2015 as the promotion is set to stage their tier one version of events on November 6, sources tell MMA Fighting. The event, titled Bellator 145: Vengeance, will be part of the promotion's return to the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Bellator previously held a tent-pole event at Bellator 138 in June of this year, headlined by Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo Slice.

The event will be headlined by a featherweight title fight between reigning champion Patricio Freire and former champion Daniel Straus @Daniel Straus. Both previously and most recently competed at Bellator 138, although not against one another. Pitbull was able to get past Daniel Weichel via second-round KO while Straus submitted Henry Corrales in the second round.

Freire and Straus have fought twice previously, however, with the Brazilian the victor both times. Straus dropped a unanimous decision to Freire at Bellator 45 in 2011 and was submitted in the fourth-round at Bellator 132 in January of this year.

In the co-main event, Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks will defend his title opposite leg lock expert Marcin Held. Brooks most recently competed at Bellator 136 in April where he bested Dave Jansen via unanimous decision. Held also competed at Bellator 136, submitting Alexander Sarnavskiy via kneebar in the third round.

Bellator staples Michael Chandler and Bobby Lashley are expected to compete on the card, but opponents for both fighters have not yet been made.

Bellator 145 to be headlined by Patricio Freire vs. Daniel Straus 3, Will Brooks vs. Marcin Held - MMA Fighting

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Pitbull, Straus, Brooks, Chandler, Lashley. This is going to be a great card as well.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Yup! Got interviews with everyone except Straus scheduled. I'll be front row, adore Held
Held looks like my baby cousin who passed away..ill try post a pic sometime..Held vs Aoki is my dream fight in grappling terms..

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Damn shame lmfao
Agreed. I respect Wills feeling of wanting to be left alone but he has a great opportunity to talk some epic smack and heat this fight up and get viewers.

I don't do twitter but I love reading the banter back and forth.

I would love to be able to take over a fighters account for a day just to talk shit to the opponent and get the fight to "kimbo like" ratings.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Agreed. I respect Wills feeling of wanting to be left alone but he has a great opportunity to talk some epic smack and heat this fight up and get viewers.

I don't do twitter but I love reading the banter back and forth.

I would love to be able to take over a fighters account for a day just to talk shit to the opponent and get the fight to "kimbo like" ratings.
Right? They've been going at it all summer, if they both win their upcoming fights Patricio want to go up to '55 to challenge for that belt too.
Willie is too emo and sensitive.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Right? They've been going at it all summer, if they both win their upcoming fights Patricio want to go up to '55 to challenge for that belt too.
Willie is too emo and sensitive.
Patricio is too petite to fight at 55. That little chicken nugget would get thrown out of the cage.

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
This "tent pole" event is just another Bellator card. Tentpole events need big fights. These are the same type of good but standard title fights Bellator has had since MTV 2. Curiously this card lacks star power so suddenly the champions are all over twitter talking junk for no reason. I see you Bellator.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Will has a perfect opportunity to get fans invested in him by getting into this Twitter war. He should take advantage of it.