Paul Daley vs MVP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who WIns?

• Semxtex

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • MVP

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Since these two have a feud, and it is most likely that Bellator is going to capitalize on this ASAP.
How do you see this fight playing out? Even though i am excited for this match up, I could actually see the fight being boring. Since they are both counter strikers, and neither wants to engage the other.

I also think Semtex doesn't want to lose to a guy he calls a youtube justin bieber sensation, by doing something stupid. Even though I think MVP should win by what Conor Mcgregor likes to call a flat footed muay thai style that is so "basic." MVP looked horrible against Fernando Gonzalez who is the same size as Daley, but with a shorter reach, and isn't as nearly as good of a striker. So MVP could struggle, and be on the receiving end of a nasty KO.

Either way im hyped and this fight is as awesome as Rory vs Lima and Lima vs Larkin.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I favor MVP, greatly.
I would much rather see Rory/Koreshkov also.
Then Tumenov come over from ACB and hematch Larkin after that respective fight.
Is Koreshkov lined up atm?

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
I favor MVP, greatly.
I would much rather see Rory/Koreshkov also.
Then Tumenov come over from ACB and hematch Larkin after that respective fight.
Is Koreshkov lined up atm?
Idk-he injured his leg, so im not sure when he will be back. There are pics of him training on instagram-so I guess he is okay now. But I dont know when he will return. I hope its by September or August.

Koreshkov vs Rory would be awesome. I want to see him fight Lima first-im taking Lima over Larkin if you can't tell haha.

On-topic: I think MVP should win easily, but i am not sure. Daley has actually fought and trained with elite strikers. So that should give him an edge compared to MVP's previous opponents. But who knows-which is why I think this is such a great fight. It's the ultimate test, and he will be fighting a good striker that poses a legitimate threat towards him. There will be no grappling(I hope not).

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
On-topic: I think MVP should win easily, but i am not sure. Daley has actually fought and trained with elite strikers. So that should give him an edge compared to MVP's previous opponents. But who knows-which is why I think this is such a great fight. It's the ultimate test, and he will be fighting a good striker that poses a legitimate threat towards him. There will be no grappling(I hope not).
Agreed, but Paul MUST train with someone who can replicate MVP's style otherwise he is f*cked.

He should train with Karate-fighters. I'd get Raymond Daniels on the team if I was Paul.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
I'd favor MVP slightly, but he is indeed a wildcard. Easy to look good against scrubs. That said though, MVP didn't even look good against Gonzalez

Fair chance that mvp vs Daley could look similar to that Gonzalez snoozer.. daley does have power and decent stand up. Better than Gonzalez on paper, so I hope he has the confidence to open up against someone like MVP. If they both look for openings and counters, it'll be a long boring fight.

If Daley comes out throwing bombs, I could see him getting countered all night. He tends to overcommit and lung, especially with his left hook. MVP could capitalize there.

This is the fight to make when they go back to Europe. They could probably have the winner of bader/Davis fight vassell for the title as well.

M

member 3289

Well they're both British so we can immediately take wrestling out of the equation.

That being said, I chose Daley just because of MVP's lack of experience.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Agreed, but Paul MUST train with someone who can replicate MVP's style otherwise he is f*cked.

He should train with Karate-fighters. I'd get Raymond Daniels on the team if I was Paul.
Yeah I agree with that Paul should train with Raymond Daniels. Raymond and Paul have fought in point contact karate competition. I think Raymond is better because a) he defeated MVP and b) he fought guys like Nikey Holzken and did well.

It would be wise for Paul to train with him, and to clinch and use elbows & knees. He is at a height and slight reach advantage. He is know for landing that big hook, kinda hard to do that against a tall lanky karate guy who specializes in darting in and out to where he can hit you and you cant hit him.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Yeah I agree with that Paul should train with Raymond Daniels. Raymond and Paul have fought in point contact karate competition. I think Raymond is better because a) he defeated MVP and b) he fought guys like Nikey Holzken and did well.

It would be wise for Paul to train with him, and to clinch and use elbows & knees. He is at a height and slight reach advantage. He is know for landing that big hook, kinda hard to do that against a tall lanky karate guy who specializes in darting in and out to where he can hit you and you cant hit him.
Yeah man, Paul should just take his wrestling coach & Daniels with him and fly out to Mike's gym. He'd have all bases covered then!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Think Daley will have a hard time getting inside of MVP's length, in order to find his chin. MVP by decision.

Combo

Jan 22, 2017
Think Daley will have a hard time getting inside of MVP's length, in order to find his chin. MVP by decision.
I agree, but if MVP gets hit, how will he react? Cos Paul hits VERY hard.