Paul Daley wants to fight Wanderlei Silva more than anyone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"If Wanderlei signs with Bellator, I would love to fight him," Daley said. "I've put that out there. And any other free agent from any other promotion with a name or reputation, I just put that out there to Scott to give them to me. Let me test the waters."

"I know he's there to fight," Daley said of Silva. "Koscheck wins fights, he's been in there with top contenders, but he's really a wrestler. He's a wrestler in the combat game, the fight sports. Whereas Wanderlei, he is a fighter. He was fighting with no gloves and headbutts and eye gouges. He's a fighter. He's a real ass fighter in the fight sports. That's the same mold I'm cut from. I'm a fighter."

"Jesus, that fight excites me more than any other fight right now," Daley told MMA Fighting. "I know it's a long way off, but I'm gonna just keep chipping at it and hopefully it gets to him and his management to make the fight happen somewhere down the line."

"He's a legend," Daley said. "He's big. He's a little bit scary, aggressive. Someone I used to watch back in the day. It would very much be a dream come true to stand across the cage from such a legend of the sport. I think I can beat him, obviously. I think I can knock Wanderlei out."

Daley also spoke about the possibility of facing Benson Henderson, should he sign w/ Bellator.

"I think if he comes up to 170 and he fights me in Bellator, he's gonna be in for a real rude awakening when one of these left hands lands on his jaw,"

LINK: Paul Daley wants to fight Wanderlei Silva more than anyone: 'He's a real ass fighter'

mmadotcomisufcdotcom

Oct 26, 2015
I am in for Daley vs Wand, definitely. In for Daley vs Bendo, too! I agree, a rude awakening potential written all over it.

Side note, has Kos fought in Bellator yet?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Daly is still whining because he got wrestlefucked by Kos. The only good punch he landed was after the bell.

He either needs to learn some wrestling or become a boxer and quit bitching.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Love Daley but he's a such a tool. He's essentially a point fighter himself but possesses serious power in his left hand

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not a Daley fan but that'd be a potentially awesome fight.

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
I'd like to see that fight, but it also scares me. Wandy doesn't have the chin that he used to, not even close. If Daley lands a big left it will put him out, then Daley will never shut up about beating him. That gives me goosebumps, but for the wrong reasons.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I'd like to see that fight, but it also scares me. Wandy doesn't have the chin that he used to, not even close. If Daley lands a big left it will put him out, then Daley will never shut up about beating him. That gives me goosebumps, but for the wrong reasons.
could look a lot like Daley vs Scott Smith back in strikefarce

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
That KO was so damn nasty. Face plant.
I hated all the praise that card got when Smith was sacrificed to Daley, Lindland to Lawler, and Babalu to Henderson.
I think they crossed the line in regards to fighter safety, just for the increase in viewers looking to see brutal finishes.

easy to pick that night, and I remember Babalu asked for that fight, so he only has himself to blame in the end :D

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So in less than a week Daley has named Koschek and Wand the two men he most wants to fight? It's good to see that with Schaub retired, someone has picked up the Turok mantle.

BackOffWarchild

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
On the plus side, last night he moved from calling out semi-retired fighters to a champion in another organization two weight classes smaller. At this pace, by 2019 he'll call out OneFC's 14th-best welterweight.