Paul Heyman Talks About CM Punk’s Mindset Heading Into UFC Debut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

CM Punk’s former on-air manager and longtime real-life friend, WWE performer Paul Heyman, recently spoke about Punk’s mindset heading into his UFC debut.

Heyman appeared on the “Stone Cold Podcast” with WWE Hall Of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin on the WWE Network last week and talked about CM Punk leaving the squared circle to enter the Octagon.

“I don’t think money is the motivating factor in CM Punk’s life whatsoever. I think it’s the challenge to do this,” said Heyman. “This is something he’s been eyeballing since he was a kid, and I think he looks back and he probably regrets not getting into it five or six years earlier, but this was the time to pull the trigger on it.”

Heyman continued, “I think he firmly believes he is either going to step in that Octagon and shock everybody by beating somebody’s ass, or he’s going to get punched in the face and knocked out or tapped out and beat up, and I think that he’s very accepting of the fact that that’s a possibility. He’s man enough to walk in there and take his chances.”

Cont'd here: Paul Heyman Talks About CM Punk's Mindset Heading Into UFC Debut

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
hes either going to win or lose..hell even draw...

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Well he did cover the full spectrum of options.
I definitely think his fight will end in either KO, TKO, submission, unanimous decision, or a split decision. One of those, and I think CM Punk will be happy with one of those, he accepts that.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Paul Heyman is the man. That is all.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Say that you're Joe Silva. Who do you match him up with? (question is for everybody, not just the soon to be renamed iwei) :D
I dont even know if there is anyone I could name on the UFC roster that "fits", to be honest. You would think he should fight someone with similar experience...but that's zero fights. So who knows.

P

Punch

I dont even know if there is anyone I could name on the UFC roster that "fits", to be honest. You would think he should fight someone with similar experience...but that's zero fights. So who knows.
Ok, then let's go with, "who is a pretty abysmal fighter @ WW to be fighting in the ufc that punk might have a margin of chance against?"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Royston Wee

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ok, then let's go with, "who is a pretty abysmal fighter @ WW to be fighting in the ufc that punk might have a margin of chance against?"
I just went thru the entire WW division and there isn't one guy that makes sense to me. Seriously, take a look on UFC.com and see if there 's anyone that you think makes sense.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
hes going to have to fight the runner up from TUF if they want to find someone who is signed to ufc with next to no pro fights

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
Say that you're Joe Silva. Who do you match him up with? (question is for everybody, not just the soon to be renamed iwei) :D
It's tough right? CMP is so much older and more well-known than your average rookie. How do you season and develop a guy in his mid-thirties?

I mean I guess the only reasonable choice is Carlos Condit

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
too bad they cant throw him to the wolves .he would be the perfect come back fight for lombard or wanderlei and a great rebound fight for vitor .thats how you find out if he wants to be a fuckin fighter:)

P

Punch

too bad they cant throw him to the wolves .he would be the perfect come back fight for lombard or wanderlei and a great rebound fight for vitor .thats how you find out if he wants to be a fuckin fighter:)
You're sadistic. I like you. :D