Paul tells Dana White to let him fight Usman, Diaz, others

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jake Paul after his sensational knockout of former UFC champion Tyron Woodley.

Jake Paul after his sensational knockout of former UFC champion Tyron Woodley. | Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

Jake Paul sent a clear message to the UFC President.

Well, I guess now we know that Jake Paul is a better boxer than Tyron Woodley. After taking a close split decision over the former UFC welterweight champion in the summer, Paul faced ‘The Chosen One’ in a rematch last night. And ‘The Problem Child’ ended the fight with a thunderous KO that forced Woodley to face-plant on the canvas.

The win took Paul to 5-0, a record that is starting to look a little impressive. His other three wins are over former Bellator and ONE welterweight champion Ben Askren, ex-NBA player Nate Robinson and fellow influencer AnEsonGib.

In his post-fight press conference Paul was asked if, after defeating a former top dog in the UFC, he had a message for Dana White.

Jake Paul's message to Dana White.#PaulWoodley2 pic.twitter.com/NEOdoRVkRA

— Jed I. Goodman © (@jedigoodman) December 19, 2021
“I just knocked out a five time UFC champion and embarrassed your whole company,” said Paul. “Please let me get Kamaru Usman. Please let me get [Nate] Diaz. Please let me get [Jorge] Masvidal. Please let me get [Conor] McGregor. Because I’m going to embarrass them, too. I promise you that Dana. I promise you that.”

The names Paul threw out in this statement aren’t new. He’s beefed publicly with both Usman and Masvidal. And he’s been talking up potential fights with Diaz and McGregor since the start of his combat sports disruption project.

It seems highly unlikely that the UFC will allow any fighters under contract to dabble with a Jake Paul production. It’s also unlikely that any of those fighters can get out of their UFC contracts without great effort, legal intervention and a long time on the sidelines.

Video: Jake Paul promises to ‘embarrass’ Dana White, top UFC stars after Woodley KO

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
he should call out Art Jimmerson.
I'm friends with him.

Art would knock the shit outta Jake.

That being said, I love this Jake Paul saga, he's the new Andy Kaufman. I hope he knocks out gsp next.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
SongExotic2 @SongExotic2

people think Art was a chump, but he was a bad motherfucker in his day.
IIRC, he was only 1 or 2 fights removed from title fight when he did UFC. I've chatted him up a couple times in Torrance, we have a mutual friend. He's an all-around decent guy.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He should seriously utilize my PR skills. I'd be able to get Jake Paul a fight with neo or Floyd Mayweather no problem.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
SongExotic2 @SongExotic2

people think Art was a chump, but he was a bad motherfucker in his day.
IIRC, he was only 1 or 2 fights removed from title fight when he did UFC. I've chatted him up a couple times in Torrance, we have a mutual friend. He's an all-around decent guy.
He held a belt. Arts as nice a chap you will meet. I wouldn't mess with those hands tho. Dude was a pro boxer

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
He held a belt. Arts as nice a chap you will meet. I wouldn't mess with those hands tho. Dude was a pro boxer
he can still put it to the mitts, brother.
he has a humble confidence, there's so many cocky asshole boxers that I'd rather have seen Royce mount and head butt.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
These fights are under his own promotion right?

Is he in charge of everything?

He seems juicy and since it's his promotion is anyone really checking his gloves?

He could be loading them up as well?

How legit is this sheeeeeit?

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
PLEASE let Jake box Usman!!!!!

Marty will fucking knock all his teeth into the 10th row...

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
None of this will happen and it's just free press for both parties.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I think Conor has more leverage than the others.
That's true. But Jake Paul puts money on the table as well. More than Usman or Masvidal does. I wonder how this Jake Paul combat sports adventure will play out.

I mean, I don't know how to run a promotional company. But I look at a guy like Masvidal. He was red hot for a moment in time, got himself known, then Usman starched him.

Masvidal is 37 years old and nowhere near a title shot. There's only so much juice the UFC can squeeze out of him at this point.

But Jake Paul can make that fight huge. And Jake Paul isn't Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring.

??