IMG/GIF Paulie flattened by Mcgregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jasonthehart

Mar 26, 2016
I'm not sure if others have pointed this out or not, but it's certainly notable that the ref doesn't appear to be giving a ten count here and much more looks like he is telling Conor to stay back.

Could be because of a knockdown still because maybe he has a concern that Conor, as an MMA fighter, may not stop attacking when he hits the ground and is counting while keeping Conor away, but it doesn't look like he is giving the 10 count.

I've not chosen a side on this, so skepticism is high on both sides of the argument for me.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Maybe Conor was pissed about the shit he talked and put him in the crack house, treated him badly and did 8 then 12 rounds just to prove a point.

Not saying that's the case but it's most definitely possible.

Nov 21, 2015
Maybe Conor was pissed about the shit he talked and put him in the crack house, treated him badly and did 8 then 12 rounds just to prove a point.

Not saying that's the case but it's most definitely possible.
Was pretty funny hearing Paulie say... "So me and the rest of the
Conors sparring partners went back to the crack house they got us"

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Yeah Check Paulies twitter. Its 99.999% All Conor. Yeah Conor is in his head
rent free for sure. I'm just wondering if Conors actually the ass that Paulie
says he is.
99% he isn't.

The asshole behaviour to Pauline is predicated on the one thing he said waaay back when asked about McGregor - about how he would beat him up with one hand & chin straight up etc...

And he expects mcgregor to be "nice" to him? lol.... that was the sole reason he was picked to come 'spar'.

I wasn't ware of it till just now. Here a vid showing some of it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drIzWcRPnXE

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah I actually didnt like hearing that Conor might be an actual douche
Despite his shit talking to sell a fight when its all said and done he's always came
across as a real dude.

Paulie went in on him pretty rough. The part where Paulie said
"No way Conor comes from poverty the way he treats people"
had me thinking for sure
Paulie by his own admission was talking shit about McGregor in an attempt to get the fight before the Mayweather fight. What makes you think he isn't talking shit now to get one afterwards? He's already stated he's willing to say shit to get a fight, and doesn't care if it's true, yet somehow now he's a paragon of truth and virtue? Give me a break.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Paulie by his own admission was talking shit about McGregor in an attempt to get the fight before the Mayweather fight. What makes you think he isn't talking shit now to get one afterwards? He's already stated he's willing to say shit to get a fight, and doesn't care if it's true, yet somehow now he's a paragon of truth and virtue? Give me a break.
On the MMA hour interview yesterday he said he has no interest in fighting again. He has a good gig on TV making money living carefree. Not interested in cutting weight etc etc. He seemed legit that he wanted to help Conor's team but they treated the sparring partners like shit, used these images to make Conor look good at Paulie's expense. With the debate flying high between boxing and MMA right now, that pic put Paulie in a very weird place that he asked Conor specifically not to put him in.

For whatever the reasons Conor decided to be a dick, it was still a dick move. Conor could use all the help he can get from pro boxers, especially those that were willing to go to bat for him in the media before this all went down.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
On the MMA hour interview yesterday he said he has no interest in fighting again. He has a good gig on TV making money living carefree. Not interested in cutting weight etc etc. He seemed legit that he wanted to help Conor's team but they treated the sparring partners like shit, used these images to make Conor look good at Paulie's expense. With the debate flying high between boxing and MMA right now, that pic put Paulie in a very weird place that he asked Conor specifically not to put him in.

For whatever the reasons Conor decided to be a dick, it was still a dick move. Conor could use all the help he can get from pro boxers, especially those that were willing to go to bat for him in the media before this all went down.
Of course he says he's not interested in fighting, otherwise it shows this for exactly what it is - him trying to talk himself into a fight.

Last edited:

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016

I gotta go with Zeph @Eau de Farage on this one
Paulie can say whatever he wants right now, an 8 figure payday will change that fast as fuck

Nov 21, 2015
99% he isn't.

The asshole behaviour to Pauline is predicated on the one thing he said waaay back when asked about McGregor - about how he would beat him up with one hand & chin straight up etc...

And he expects mcgregor to be "nice" to him? lol.... that was the sole reason he was picked to come 'spar'.

I wasn't ware of it till just now. Here a vid showing some of it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drIzWcRPnXE
Yeah thats the thing. Paulie said he expected McGregor's camp to treat him poorly
what he couldnt figure out is why they treated the other guys so poorly. Thats when
according to Paulie he decided he was outta there because "These are not good people
these are scumbags"

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah thats the thing. Paulie said he expected McGregor's camp to treat him poorly
what he coudnt figure out is why they treated the other guys so poorly. Thats when
according to Paulie he decided he was outta there because "These are not good people
these are scumbags"
Paulie wanted to be treated like one of the sparring partners. Got treated like a sparring partner, and now is whining about being treated like a sparring partner. All of Paulies complaints seem like complaints about them not focusing the camp around him and his schedule, or not promoting both him and Conor instead of just Conor. Seems delusional for someone that talked shit about McGregor, and then does a few rounds sparring and wants to be best friends.

Nov 21, 2015
Paulie wanted to be treated like one of the sparring partners. Got treated like a sparring partner, and now is whining about being treated like a sparring partner. All of Paulies complaints seem like complaints about them not focusing the camp around him and his schedule, or not promoting both him and Conor instead of just Conor. Seems delusional for someone that talked shit about McGregor, and then does a few rounds sparring and wants to be best friends.
Who knows man. You have 2 sides with 2 different stories. Confucious say the truth
is likely somewhere in the middle. Either way they have sold this fight almost perfectly

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I gotta go with Zeph @Eau de Farage on this one
Paulie can say whatever he wants right now, an 8 figure payday will change that fast as fuck
I can't argue the point too much but if he's sincere about the rest of what he was saying, I'm sure he's not seriously considering fighting right now. But like you said, while he may be serious about not wanting to fight, an 8 figure pay day would change lots of minds lol

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
The only thing that really would have pissed me off was conor sending me that pics in advance, having a short talk with him about it and then he releases them anyways.
I would have been pissed

I wouldn't have cared that much about the pics in the 1st place though, but I don't have half the ego paulie does and understandably he does have a reputation to uphold

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Who knows man. You have 2 sides with 2 different stories. Confucious say the truth
is likely somewhere in the middle. Either way they have sold this fight almost perfectly
I think Paulie went in with the wrong expectations. Used to a different type of living, and being the centrepiece of his training camps. Thought they would become best friends after being so disrespectful. Seems delusional to me.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The only thing that really would have pissed me off was conor sending me that pics in advance, having a short talk with him about it and then he releases them anyways.
I would have been pissed

I wouldn't have cared that much about the pics in the 1st place though, but I don't have half the ego paulie does and understandably he does have a reputation to uphold
We don't know what Paulie said in reply to those pictures. With regards to those pictures, I think they released those pictures because how Paulie reacted after the first sparring session. A fairly mild picture with McGregor having two hands behind his back is released, which is just some standard promotional stuff, but Paulie does the rounds to anyone that would listen saying stuff like McGregor doesn't hit hard - all the while having a shiner.

He pretty much made sparring public first, and now is angry about a couple of pictures which show him in a worse light. Yet, he says he wanted to go into like any other sparring partner. Other sparring partners have had unflattering photo's released because they are promoting Conor, yet they aren't doing the rounds shit talking him. Paulie went in saying he wanted one thing, but really he wanted another.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Di
We don't know what Paulie said in reply to those pictures. With regards to those pictures, I think they released those pictures because how Paulie reacted after the first sparring session. A fairly mild picture with McGregor having two hands behind his back is released, which is just some standard promotional stuff, but Paulie does the rounds to anyone that would listen saying stuff like McGregor doesn't hit hard - all the while having a shiner.

He pretty much made sparring public first, and now is angry about a couple of pictures which show him in a worse light. Yet, he says he wanted to go into like any other sparring partner. Other sparring partners have had unflattering photo's released because they are promoting Conor, yet they aren't doing the rounds shit talking him. Paulie went in saying he wanted one thing, but really he wanted another.
Did you listen to the interview?