IMG/GIF Paulie flattened by Mcgregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I think it favours Conor, but only slightly. It definitely won't be the deciding factor, either way.
Unless they're mma gloves, boxing gloves no matter how many OZs will always favor mayweather, the defensive boxer who needs bigger gloves for his defense to be efficient.

In mma it's hard to even block shots cuz the gloves r so small. U have to keep your distance more

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Unless they're mma gloves, boxing gloves no matter how many OZs will always favor mayweather, the defensive boxer who needs bigger gloves for his defense to be efficient.

In mma it's hard to even block shots cuz the gloves r so small. U have to keep your distance more
I'm talking about going from 10 oz to 8 oz. I think that favours Conor slightly, but not much and it won't be a difference. Floyd relies on his gloves for defence more than McGregor, but he's a significantly better defensive boxer anyway. McGregor will have slightly more power with the 2 oz difference, but so will Floyd, however, Floyd's hands are brittle and break fairly often which makes it a double edged sword for him.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I'm talking about going from 10 oz to 8 oz. I think that favours Conor slightly, but not much and it won't be a difference. Floyd relies on his gloves for defence more than McGregor, but he's a significantly better defensive boxer anyway. McGregor will have slightly more power with the 2 oz difference, but so will Floyd, however, Floyd's hands are brittle and break fairly often which makes it a double edged sword for him.
That's interesting, he relies a lot on them on his right side, but arguably none at all in the lead..

Can you remember who was that gal who was trying to shoulder roll in a UFC fight recently?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
That's interesting, he relies a lot on them on his right side, but arguably none at all in the lead..

Can you remember who was that gal who was trying to shoulder roll in a UFC fight recently?
In his traditional philly shell, yes his lead hand is low, but he will put his muffs up on occasion. McGregor has mostly used range and head movement for defence in MMA, for obvious reasons, which I believe will be indicative of his tendencies in boxing, but that's just a guess since we haven't seen him in a sanctioned fight.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
In his traditional philly shell, yes his lead hand is low, but he will put his muffs up on occasion. McGregor has mostly used range and head movement for defence in MMA, for obvious reasons, which I believe will be indicative of his tendencies in boxing, but that's just a guess since we haven't seen him in a sanctioned fight.
From the sparring vids I've seen in the past Conor seems to do a lot more classic peekaboo for boxing

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I thought Barto said that the majority of Floyds fights were with 8 oz gloves. I don't think it will change much.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Doubt the commission allows this, btw, since it is boxing rules and the cutoff is 147 lbs for 8oz.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
He did grab his head a little... and paulie was jumping right back up after he fell, he wasn't rocked.... more so Conor made him fall but I wouldn't call it a push down or a knock down.. it'd be great if I could see it in slow mo

Funny comments lol
I agree, though I think it's closer to a knock down than a push down, for what it's worth.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Does the little footage of mcgregor sparring change your opinion on how the fight will go, at least a little ?

Or do you think Floyd takes this easily
I don't know what I think. Any sense of reality says Floyd. I do think Conor is special, and I think he has the power to KO him and better boxing skills than he's being given credit for, but I don't know if anything can make me completely confident in his chances until I see it happen.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Hate to break it to you guys, but that is not a knockdown by rule. There is even someone in the vid saying it isnt a knockdown, even though they are cutoff. Hype train in full effect. At least they posted the clip though.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I don't know what I think. Any sense of reality says Floyd. I do think Conor is special, and I think he has the power to KO him and better boxing skills than he's being given credit for, but I don't know if anything can make me completely confident in his chances until I see it happen.
Spot on. That's how I feel. It's a big task at hand, id say the biggest he's ever had, but conor is special and "immune to pressure" as he once said a while back.

Hoping for the champ champ to win via KO