Paulo Costa Has Decided Not to Make Weight on Saturday.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Last thing. I would like to see them get rid of the Friday weigh ins and weigh people a few hours before the fight. I realize that dould cause problems if fighter A missed weight and the fighter B refused to fight, but they could make the penalties stiff enough that people wouldn't want to miss.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
i was becoming a fan of this guy at some point, but that also all stopped at some point

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
lol, I can’t wait to hear Dana sling shit at him for this.

Paulo says he would rather not cut as much weight, but yet still signed a contract to fight at 185. That’s not how this shit works. He sounds like he never intended to cut weight at all , but yet still expects UFC and Marvin to go along fully and accommodate him now that he waited until
The last minute. I hope he gets dinged bad on his purse, this is a bullshit tactic. I haven’t been much of a fan of Marvin, but I’m pulling for him big time here if the fight happens.

Paulo is fizzling out his candle faster than he should of. He’s not big enough of a star to pull this kind of shit and have Dana fix it for him behind the scenes.

at least we’ll get to see Dana’s red face again!

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Lol at the cheeto breath spastics in here lecturing a guy built like a superhero on how he should manage his body from behind a keyboard.

Yes, the rational thing is for two guys to both arbitrarily starve themselves to death before fighting, rather than just have both guys not do something so incredibly retarded and fight anyway.

Good on Costa for realizing that weight cutting is silly. We are still getting the fight, so what are you muppets complaining about?

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Lol at the cheeto breath spastics in here lecturing a guy built like a superhero on how he should manage his body from behind a keyboard.

Yes, the rational thing is for two guys to both arbitrarily starve themselves to death before fighting, rather than just have both guys not do something so incredibly retarded and fight anyway.

Good on Costa for realizing that weight cutting is silly. We are still getting the fight, so what are you muppets complaining about?
Come on man....Thats like me quoting to build you a pergola and putting a fucking chook shed up.. ...Contracts....How do they work?

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Come on man....Thats like me quoting to build you a pergola and putting a fucking chook shed up.. ...Contracts....How do they work?
Yes, and Costa has renegotiated the terms of the contract and both Vettori and the UFC will accept.

I understand it is a dick move. I also understand that the entire weight cutting system is a farce, and cannot blame fighters when they come to that realization.

This is Costa's way of telling the UFC to go fuck itself. Nate Diaz did the same thing to the UFC when they were running with the whole 'not a needle mover' angle. Vettori is a casualty of it, but he also benefits from not having to kill himself as much to make weight either.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Yes, and Costa has renegotiated the terms of the contract and both Vettori and the UFC will accept.

I understand it is a dick move. I also understand that the entire weight cutting system is a farce, and cannot blame fighters when they come to that realization.

This is Costa's way of telling the UFC to go fuck itself. Nate Diaz did the same thing to the UFC when they were running with the whole 'not a needle mover' angle. Vettori is a casualty of it, but he also benefits from not having to kill himself as much to make weight either.
Fair enough.

So I put the slab in for the pergola and then renegotiate and you pay me for the chook shed and it's better me not being there and annoying your wife and also suits me as its less work?

Gotcha....You sound like a good man to do business with.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Fair enough.

So I put the slab in for the pergola and then renegotiate and you pay me for the chook shed and it's better me not being there and annoying your wife and also suits me as its less work?

Gotcha....You sound like a good man to do business with.
You start by offering a pagoda, negotiate down to a gazebo, by the time they are willing to accept a pergola, you've left them a broken rat cage and are halfway to Nicaragua before they can even ask what's going on.

1634797660875.jpeg

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
Last thing. I would like to see them get rid of the Friday weigh ins and weigh people a few hours before the fight. I realize that dould cause problems if fighter A missed weight and the fighter B refused to fight, but they could make the penalties stiff enough that people wouldn't want to miss.
Worse than problems, it leads to deaths because people are stupid and/or desperate and will cut dangerous amounts of weight day of and die of brain trauma because dehydration reduces the liquid cushioning your skull from your brain, it's why boxing abolished same day weigh in after multiple deaths post fight.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Worse than problems, it leads to deaths because people are stupid and/or desperate and will cut dangerous amounts of weight day of and die of brain trauma because dehydration reduces the liquid cushioning your skull from your brain, it's why boxing abolished same day weigh in after multiple deaths post fight.
Agree, and it works to their detriment in their cardio and in their chins. For example, I don't even consider Aspen Ladd's 16 second TKO loss to be a real reflection on her at all. She was shaking and almost passing out on the scale the day before, got to the cage, the fight started and the first thing that happened was she walked straight into a good right cross and got her bell rung. Before her body even knew it was in a fight. She fell down and the ref stopped it straight away, early in my opinion. OK it's her fault that she left herself such a dangerous weight cut, but if she made weight properly or was fighting in her natural division, I doubt she gets dropped clean by that same punch.

Or look at Whittaker. He looked like a journeyman WW, getting blown out by Wonderboy and outpointed by Court McGee. Then he goes up to MW, and all of a sudden he hits like bricks, his chin is rock solid and his cardio is on point, and he goes 6-0, wins the belt and he's considered top 10 pfp.

??

Last edited:

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Not gonna cut weight and not gonna give up some of his purse. This should end well for him.
I hope Vetorri gets a portion of Costa’s purse for not making the contracted weight. Extreme weight cutting is ridiculous and I hope Costa learns from this. A nice hit to the wallet is a good start.
Lord knows these guys are gonna beat the piss out each other on Saturday.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I hope Vetorri gets a portion of Costa’s purse for not making the contracted weight. Extreme weight cutting is ridiculous and I hope Costa learns from this. A nice hit to the wallet is a good start.
Lord knows these guys are gonna beat the piss out each other on Saturday.
I hope Costa gets a portion of Vettori’s purse. That would be funny.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I have an idea:

How about making weight when you're contracted to.

If you can't make the weight regularly, you can't fight in the division.

Before you sign the contract, talk to your opponent and ask him to agree to a catchweight.

Costa would miss that weight also, give him an inch and he'll take a mile imo.

I want to see him fight but c'mon guy, let's give the opponent a chance to relax also if that's what you're doing.

Just thought about this, I have the best idea.

I'm locking this thread.