Paulo Costa now open to Israel Adesanya bout ‘if the people want’ it

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Paulo Costa has made it clear he wants Chris Weidman next — but if that can’t come to fruition, there is another foe he’d be willing to fight.

In what was the biggest fight of his career, the rising UFC middleweight defeated Uriah Hall via second-round TKO at UFC 226 earlier this month. Immediately after the win, Costa informed the media in his post-fight scrum that he wished to meet former UFC champ Weidman at UFC 230 this November in New York City.

Unsurprisingly, Costa was asked about possibly fighting fellow prospect Israel Adesanya, who had beat Brad Tavares in The Ultimate Fighter 27 Finale one night earlier.…

Paulo Costa now open to Israel Adesanya bout ‘if the people want’ it

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This would be awesome but the UFC may want to think about matching up two of their "future stars" so quickly.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He will get clowned..I like his attitude I just think he's too slow and lethargic for Izzy..

M

member 603

This would be awesome but the UFC may want to think about matching up two of their "future stars" so quickly.
This is why Bellator has a leg up on their talent development.... Build up your home grown stars, not knock them off. The UFC puts all their eggs into the hottest basket (at the cost of all their other talent), it truly baffles me how after time and time again, they've yet to figure that out (even after outcry from the fans)

Same. Hall was jabbing the fuck out of Costa, i can only imagone what Israel would do to him.
I'm still confused as to why/how Hall started to let the guy in on him. Obviously the body shots took their toll but it seemed like Hall had the distance down. I was hoping he'd pull it together but whatever Costa did proved effective in the end.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He will get clowned..I like his attitude I just think he's too slow and lethargic for Izzy..

He's not slow or lethargic, but I agree with you that Izzy will beat him, it's the perfect matchup to make Izzy look Anderson like. It's a high level opponent, who terrifies other fighters, and probably has more 1 punch punching power than Izzy, and Izzy is so smooth, quick, and intelligent.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This is why Bellator has a leg up on their talent development.... Build up your home grown stars, not knock them off. The UFC puts all their eggs into the hottest basket (at the cost of all their other talent), it truly baffles me how after time and time again, they've yet to figure that out (even after outcry from the fans)

I have been saying this for years. Case in point is Yair vs Zabit. 2 of the best strikers, not just at 145, but in all of MMA. Both are young guys that should be very marketable and fan friendly, given their Anthony Pettis esque striking talents. You would love for them both to fight in a title fight at some time, or even in a no.1 contender type fight. But these motherfucking stupid imbeciles already are matching them up, forcing them to have to knock 1 of the other down for at least a while.

Especially asinine considering Yair is already coming off a loss, and this fight he has a very good chance to have 2 losses in a row.

Then take Edson Barboza vs Anthony Pettis, they had so much time and chances to match them up when both where streaking, yet they only put them against each when each was on losing streaks, Pettis was on a 3 fight skid, Edson a 2 fight skid, forcing one of them to have to endure an even longer losing streak. 2 incredible strikers, the kind of guys you would prefer to not go on losing streaks so you can showcase them on PPV's and main event on free cards etc...

WME is just stupid, and Zuffa also was doing this stupid shit also, but not as often as WME.

They also did this during this when Misha Cirkunov fought Nikita Kyrlov, 2 fresh faces in a division that needs depth, they should be fighting the estalibshed guy for a while and making their mark so you build their name, so if they figh tin the future it has marquee flash. Yet they force them to fight when they are barely known.

Bellator in this regard is so much smarter, but they sometimes overdo it, like with Michael Page where it's been almost 2 years that everyone is saying his comp needs to be elevated, but they seem to be doing it right with Aaron Pico outside the first fight mistake.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He's not slow or lethargic, but I agree with you that Izzy will beat him, it's the perfect matchup to make Izzy look Anderson like. It's a high level opponent, who terrifies other fighters, and probably has more 1 punch punching power than Izzy, and Izzy is so smooth, quick, and intelligent.
Compared to izzy he is slow and lethargic.. he was gassing vs hall as well

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Adesanya would clown him. Wrestlers and Adesanya are everything that Borrachinha should avoid in his life.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I agree to a point, but I think Bellator has to find a better balance. It seems that besides their title fights, every fight is a “showcase” match up where it is clear who is supposed to win. Too many predictable match ups. Nobody cares about your record, bounce back after a tough loss with a couple wins and you’re right back where you started.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Compared to izzy he is slow and lethargic.. he was gassing vs hall as well

Well we are just kind of playing with words but I agree with your sentiment. Izzy is faster , but that don't mean Costa is slow, I disagree about lethargic, he looked like a machine against Uriah, when I look up the word lethargic in the dictionary my impression is different

But again, we both agree that Izzy is better

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Well we are just kind of playing with words but I agree with your sentiment. Izzy is faster , but that don't mean Costa is slow, I disagree about lethargic, he looked like a machine against Uriah, when I look up the word lethargic in the dictionary my impression is different

But again, we both agree that Izzy is better
I'm saying compared to izzy he is.. but to the rest of the division he is a a nightmare..I don't think he has the gas tank to go 5 imho.. he's very very good.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm saying compared to izzy he is.. but to the rest of the division he is a a nightmare..I don't think he has the gas tank to go 5 imho.. he's very very good.

Essentially we agree, my only disagreement is about the lethargic part, but I enjoy his fights.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Costa kills everyone.....he will never lose
I'm with you 100% on this one. He is going to walk through this division and make himself comfortable at the top for some time. Israel is slick as fuck, but he's gonna get folded in half when he steps in with this monster, just like everybody else.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'm with you 100% on this one. He is going to walk through this division and make himself comfortable at the top for some time. Israel is slick as fuck, but he's gonna get folded in half when he steps in with this monster, just like everybody else.
He’s one of those guys that wants you to hit and kick him so he can get near you and unleash the fury