Society PBS: How Amazon convinced Millions to Welcome Listening Devices into their Homes.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

what if the "future" arrives sooner than you anticipate?
Personally I will stick up for all rights...Right Now.

If you are OK with full surveillance, that is on you...to each their own.

To me, the Constitution separates this country from many others. I choose to respect it by not giving up the rights it grants.

in an age of terrorism, etc.. you have to expect it

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Some of the most significant consequences of what you guys are afraid have already taken place. e.g. the National Security State made most americans afraid, paranoid and uneducated, then found out specifically what were your most tribal fears and tricked you into voting for dumbass presidents who will “fix” them.

americans have been brainwashed by corporate propaganda for almost a century. In other countries the US was much more straightforward and just wiped out opposition with violence but at home and in places where local elites have been “pacified” it’s more practical to employ “hybrid wars”. Propaganda, media takeover, divide and control.

If we agree that one of the things that are the most important for most people is their money and consider that in the last ~40 years they have willingly allowed most of their money to be redistributed to the very guys that are already the most rich and powerful in the first place, then what is it that will be done by communists in the future that is worse than that?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Some of the most significant consequences of what you guys are afraid have already taken place. e.g. the National Security State made most americans afraid, paranoid and uneducated, then found out specifically what were your most tribal fears and tricked you into voting for dumbass presidents who will “fix” them.

americans have been brainwashed by corporate propaganda for almost a century. In other countries the US was much more straightforward and just wiped out opposition with violence but at home and in places where local elites have been “pacified” it’s more practical to employ “hybrid wars”. Propaganda, media takeover, divide and control.

If we agree that one of the things that are the most important for most people is their money and consider that in the last ~40 years they have willingly allowed most of their money to be redistributed to the very guys that are already the most rich and powerful in the first place, then what is it that will be done by communists in the future that is worse than that?
There are places far worse with far less freedom, Brazil for example is run by an evil fascist who is out there killing everyone.

8InchesOfWhiteMeat

Oct 3, 2021

PBS doing good work looking deeply into the rise and takeover of Jeff Bezos and Amazon.
I dont got one of those but pretty sure theyre monitotoing all they other electonic devices in my home ive bought since 2010. I make sure to cus the feds out regularly because just incase theyre listening and wonder how I feel about them.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
they are just listening now(we think)

but when will they be doing more?

AKA sending out some sort of harmful wave to affect our health or mind

anything cheap and mass marketed is usually done so for a reason

personally I don't trust
Hmm, maybe they sent out covid through alisa or whatever her name is. Also, why isn’t it a guy? Does it have to be a girl?

8InchesOfWhiteMeat

Oct 3, 2021
Hmm, maybe they sent out covid through alisa or whatever her name is. Also, why isn’t it a guy? Does it have to be a girl?
Dunno why everyone is so scared of covid. the vaccine is more deadly than covid. heart attacks increased by 25% since the vaccine came, and most of those were from teenagers who never died from thattype of shits, blood clots are a motherfucker

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Dunno why everyone is so scared of covid. the vaccine is more deadly than covid. heart attacks increased by 25% since the vaccine came, and most of those were from teenagers who never died from thattype of shits, blood clots are a motherfucker
Where are you reading this? If the vaccine was more deadly than Covid, wouldn’t we have ~35million deaths because of it? Last I checked, more than half the world population was vaccinated. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just question where you got your info from.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Where are you reading this? If the vaccine was more deadly than Covid, wouldn’t we have ~35million deaths because of it? Last I checked, more than half the world population was vaccinated. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just question where you got your info from.
1) He got that shit from Facebook links to the same garbage conspiracy blogs that the rest of them spam here every single day.

2) "I'm not saying you're wrong....." - why not? He IS wrong, to the point where for all intents and purposes, he is legit developmentally disabled.

??

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
1) He got that shit from Facebook links to the same garbage conspiracy blogs that the rest of them spam here every single day.

2) "I'm not saying you're wrong....." - why not? He IS wrong, to the point where for all intents and purposes, he is legit developmentally disabled.

??
“Im not saying you’re wrong, I just question where you’re getting your info from.”

This gives the poster the opportunity to show me what they’ve read, instead of just calling them a fucking moron idiot. I know he’s wrong, but I don’t need to be rude about it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
This gives the poster the opportunity to show me what they’ve read, instead of just calling them a fucking moron idiot. I know he’s wrong, but I don’t need to be rude about it.
That's very reasonable of you.

Much more reasonable than the fantasy league that won't let me add a player and play him tonight.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
“Im not saying you’re wrong, I just question where you’re getting your info from.”

At this point, what are you hoping to get from him? He IS a fucking moron. What has he read? Garbage blogs and Facebook memes. What do you think he's read? I'm not being hostile to you, I just don't understand what you're going for here.

??

TheFifthScallop

Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
At this point, what are you hoping to get from him? He IS a fucking moron. What has he read? Garbage blogs and Facebook memes. What do you think he's read? I'm not being hostile to you, I just don't understand what you're going for here.

??
It sure seems like you’re being hostile. I’ll repeat an answer that I often suggest for you. Take a break from this site. It’s clearly not doing your mental health any good. You get far too worked.