General Pearl Jam fucking STINKS

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
This thread has gone off the rails so I'm going to keep driving the train down. With a thread title as blasphemous as this one, it deserves what it gets so I don't fucking care.

I've gone down a YouTube wormhole this morning and found myself viewing Marty McFly's audition for the high school dance. It actually didn't sound bad, but he came out a little hot. Even in the 80s, you don't rip a "look at me" guitar solo within the first 10 seconds of a song during an audition. His bandmates really should have reeled his ass in prior to this performance, especially when you consider the squares who were judging them.

Keep it simple. Keep it tight. Then when you get the gig, that's when you light your guitar on fire and go crazy.

Also - They ripped off Huey Lewis & The News "Power of Love" with this riff, but Huey Lewis himself didn't even notice and just shut them down by saying "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtmITE5GpU

On a related note, I had forgotten how fucking hot his girlfriend was in the first movie before she turned into Elisabeth Shue for the sequels.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
This thread has gone off the rails so I'm going to keep driving the train down. With a thread title as blasphemous as this one, it deserves what it gets so I don't fucking care.

I've gone down a YouTube wormhole this morning and found myself viewing Marty McFly's audition for the high school dance. It actually didn't sound bad, but he came out a little hot. Even in the 80s, you don't rip a "look at me" guitar solo within the first 10 seconds of a song during an audition. His bandmates really should have reeled his ass in prior to this performance, especially when you consider the squares who were judging them.

Keep it simple. Keep it tight. Then when you get the gig, that's when you light your guitar on fire and go crazy.

Also - They ripped off Huey Lewis' "Power of Love" with this riff, but Huey Lewis himself didn't even notice and just shut them down by saying "I'm afraid you're just too darn loud"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNtmITE5GpU

On a related note, I had forgotten how fucking hot his girlfriend was in the first movie before she turned into Elisabeth Shue for the sequels.

Haha, I was just about to post how gorgeous she was.

My first real "date" was BTTF3, I love all of them.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Haha, I was just about to post how gorgeous she was.

My first real "date" was BTTF3, I love all of them.
Using bttf3 to describe a masterpiece like that movie means you’re a hipster.....go drink a Carmel latte from Whole Foods while you search for in season, fresh papaya

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
No, and I won’t.....I haven’t listened to any of their albums after that one with all of the Polaroid’s on it
It ain't scary, SF. It's a nice album. No masterpiece, just nice.
I can't get my "carmel" Whole Foods thing you're on about and I don't know why you're so obsessed with me being a hipster.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
"Musical taste" lol, Pearl Jam is just another band that lawyers and accountants loosen their ties to "mellow out" at the end of the day.
I think Live fits this bill more than Pearl Jam.

Source - I am an accountant, and while I dont wear a tie, I find myself listening to Live in many of my drives home

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Source - I am an accountant, and while I do t wear a tie, I find myself listening to Live in many of my drives home
Do you find yourself getting hostile during "I Alone", mean-mugging people on the street during the slower verses in anticipation of the aggressive chorus?

"Yeah motherfucker, I'm not 19 anymore but I still have some rage in me!"

Then you rip the tie off that you claim you don't wear, but before the next red light you are crying your eyes out to "Lightning Crashes" before they even say "placenta" - because you've heard that song 1,264 times and you already know what's up.

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Do you find yourself getting hostile during "I Alone", mean mugging people on the street during the slower verses in anticipation of the aggressive chorus?

"Yeah motherfucker, I'm not 19 anymore but I still have some rage in me!"

Then you rip the tie off that you claim you don't wear, but before the next red light you are crying your eyes out to "Lightning Crashes" before they even say "placenta" - because you've heard that song 1,264 times and you already know what's up.
You've been on fire the last couple of days. You were hardly a shrinking violet but this global pandemic has really brought you out of your shell :D

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

Source - I am an accountant, and while I dont wear a tie, I find myself listening to Live in many of my drives home
I can literally picture an accountant finishing his workday after ripping some clients some off, getting into his car and heading to the nearest hip bar bobbing his head to Even Flow and skipping all the tracks that don't have a video on mtv. Then drinking a couple overpriced drinks while talking about the stock market with his hip bar buddy and going home to his wife who is waiting with a vegetable dish that she adapted with chicken.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I can literally picture an accountant finishing his workday after ripping some clients some off, getting into his car and heading to the nearest hip bar bobbing his head to Even Flow and skipping all the tracks that don't have a video on mtv. Then drinking a couple overpriced drinks while talking about the stock market with his hip bar buddy and going home to his wife who is waiting with a vegetable dish that she adapted with chicken.