Pedro Rizzo retires from MMA competition at 41

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Pedro Rizzo returned to action Saturday after a hiatus of more than two years. After a win in his native Brazil, the heavyweight announced his retirement.

The 41-year-old Rizzo (20-11) fought Andrew Smith at Face to Face 12’s main event in Vitoria, Brazil. Rizzo’s leg kicks were too much for Smith after five minutes, and he didn’t answer the bell for Round 2, giving “The Rock” a TKO win in his finale.

LINK: 41-year-old UFC vet Pedro Rizzo wins in Brazil, announces retirement | MMAjunkie

tomwalker

Sep 14, 2015
Floyd mayweather also retires yesterday. Awsome career. and he ends it on a high note, winning.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Legend, pioneer.
Anyone have that old pic of Tank shaking his hand in the bathroom/lockeroom post-fight?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
"I don’t need to fight anymore, but I wanted to fight one more time for my students and my daughter, who is eight years old and wanted to see me fight. Now is time for the new athletes and talents to shine. It all ended how it started, with low kicks in Brazil."

Wow at that last sentence. What a legend.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I met him at a frys electronics in city of industry, ca during a pride dvd signing,his hands are huge in person,I wear a Large size mma glove so he must wear a XXL,shogun,ninja,hendo and bas was there too,shiniest scalp I have ever seen on bas.

802kmighty

Sub adubba dub dub!
Aug 25, 2015
I remember Rizzo was on one of the first mma dvd's I bought.He was one of the first fighters I really liked to talk about.Leg kicks like a MOTHER FUCKER! That's awesome for him to win his last fight like that.Where's the salute emoji?