PEDs: A timeline of Jose Aldo, Nova Uniao and their rise to suspicion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

King Barboza

Feb 8, 2016
Detailed timeline of events involving those shady fellows down at Nova Uniao. Pretty eye opening stuff for those interested in the black eye aspects of MMA.

{{og.title}}

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

Good work, bro. I was just thinking this exact same thing the other day

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It's a different culture down there in Brazil in regards to steroids and PEDs - much more accepted. I've heard the same story from so many people over the years that live down there or have gone down there to train.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Great article that really puts things in perspective. I can say that the issue is much bigger than just Nova Uniao in Brazil and anyone in the BJJ community knows it.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
I'd seen most of this stuff before, but cool to have it all in one place.

That win-loss record before and after testing was implemented is very damning, also.

My personal opinion is that every Brazilian MMA fighter is juiced to the gills unless they get tested to hell and back.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Get real, you believe this is a Brazilian problem? Or you like to be believe it's a Brazilian problem?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'd seen most of this stuff before, but cool to have it all in one place.

That win-loss record before and after testing was implemented is very damning, also.

My personal opinion is that every Brazilian MMA fighter is juiced to the gills unless they get tested to hell and back.
You realllllllly believe this is a Brazilian problem? It's more like a pro sports issue period. Let's not pretend it's just Brazilians.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Being factually accurate is one thing. This goes beyond merely presenting facts with the tone of the piece imo.
It's anything but academic, I agree. Doesn't change the facts however.

Although I don't think this is purely a Brazilian phenomenon, the examples are very clear and undeniable. It may be concentrated in Brasil as part of a more widespread problem regarding PED's in the sport today.

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015
Get real, you believe this is a Brazilian problem? Or you like to be believe it's a Brazilian problem?
You realllllllly believe this is a Brazilian problem? It's more like a pro sports issue period. Let's not pretend it's just Brazilians.
I believe a roided Brazilian gave my sweet angel a black eye. Do not attempt to reason with me. A crime was comitted that day.

Beautiful Michael Bisping was never the same.... *sob*

P

Punch

I believe a roided Brazilian gave my sweet angel a black eye. Do not attempt to reason with me. A crime was comitted that day.

Beautiful Michael Bisping was never the same.... *sob*

Black? Shit looks like that bathroom scene from "The Terminator".