Lifestyle People with anxiety

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Can people who suffer from anxiety chime in here?

Tell me about your life. Internal feelings, external triggers. I'm curious and have a hard time relating, though I appreciate your struggle and hope you're getting help.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The first time I had an anxiety attack, I didn't know what it was, I thought it was a heart attack.
Ultimately, it's nothing more than fear.

From married with toddlers to single dad with toddlers surrounded by pedos, not allowed to buy a firearm at the time, drank every night to sleep, up 4 hours later to work 14 hours, pick up kids, rinse repeat. Throw birthday parties, chew minithins and rockstars to keep going.
Then it happens, then you live in fear of another.
Most people who heard I had a panic attack said "YOU????!!!!" "Of all people etc."

Nervous energy, not doing enough physical competition; the realization that life goes from upbeat to completely uncontrollable...
I was the coolest cat in the world until I had kids and was abandoned. Weight of the world kinda stuff.
People would say "if you ever need something, call me". They disappear REAL quick when babysitting's involved.
But again, ultimately it is fear, ranging from low grade to absolute terror.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Dangit, kneeblock @kneeblock ... I don't know how to answer this.

Somehow you're the most serious person on here and the biggest troll at times. So confusing...

But if you'd like a legit answer I'll try to write something up haha

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
One of the best remedies for anxiety is meditation. Seriously.

And it appears Too swole to control @Too swole to control is in serious need of a session ..... or twenty.

Namaste

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
One of the best remedies for anxiety is meditation. Seriously.
Agree. Out of all the things I have done to improve my anxiety/depression, Mindfulness and meditation has by far been the most effective tool to protect against and deal with my bad days.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
kneeblock @kneeblock I will be off the grid for the next week on vacation, but please let me PM if you ever want/need to talk, vent, or simply escape with someone who can relate.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It does for me, but I'm a pro. Some people it can make it worse if they get bad paranoia. So it's a case by case thing IMO.
If you stick a brick of coke up your butt it also helps. I guarantee you will forget whatever you were fretting over before.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It does for me, but I'm a pro. Some people it can make it worse if they get bad paranoia. So it's a case by case thing IMO.
I'm one of them which is why I'm damn near anti pot.

If the stars aren't aligned (weren't as I haven't done it in ages) then I would have a full on panic attack.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Can people who suffer from anxiety chime in here?

Tell me about your life. Internal feelings, external triggers. I'm curious and have a hard time relating, though I appreciate your struggle and hope you're getting help.
What do you want to know?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What do you want to know?
A lot of people I've known seemed to suffer from anxiety; romantic partners, two of my closest friends. It's been a strange thing to watch over the years. My field seems to attract a lot of very anxious people. My daughter's 10 year old friend seems to already be suffering from it. It seems like when I was growing up depression was all the rage and these days anxiety is all you hear about. I wonder if it's mostly due to accelerationism in society, better diagnostic techniques or Cthulu making his move. I've had to be the understanding level headed one for a lot of folks and I guess I'm interested in whether people who suffer from anxiety feel like they're occasionally trapped on the outside of themselves looking in or more like there is no "normal" besides the anxious normal.

M

member 1013

A lot of people I've known seemed to suffer from anxiety; romantic partners, two of my closest friends. It's been a strange thing to watch over the years. My field seems to attract a lot of very anxious people. My daughter's 10 year old friend seems to already be suffering from it. It seems like when I was growing up depression was all the rage and these days anxiety is all you hear about. I wonder if it's mostly due to accelerationism in society, better diagnostic techniques or Cthulu making his move. I've had to be the understanding level headed one for a lot of folks and I guess I'm interested in whether people who suffer from anxiety feel like they're occasionally trapped on the outside of themselves looking in or more like there is no "normal" besides the anxious normal.
Pls stop appropriating my culture.

JLM

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This reads like a Swole post oddly...Cracks me up.
I had to consider if this was duplicate knee block...post wasn't long enough to be a real knee block post

I have had some of the same experiences as you if your post is completely sincere. Interested in responses.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Don't take this the wrong way, but this is kind of like saying "How long is a piece of string?" I once had a panic attack while getting ready for work, that shit was terrifying. No, I didn't miss work that day, I wasn't even late. But I'm sure some people would have been put up in the hospital thinking they'd had a heart attack.