Lifestyle People with anxiety

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
everybody feels anxiety at some point in their life

simple things like breathing technique, meditation, mindfulness, or healthy lifestyle will get rid of it for good

I also heard on Rogan Podcast about how nose breathing is super good for you

here it is

View: https://youtu.be/U5o9b2RVC2E

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
everybody feels anxiety at some point in their life

simple things like breathing technique, meditation, mindfulness, or healthy lifestyle will get rid of it for good

I also heard on Rogan Podcast about how nose breathing is super good for you

here it is

View: https://youtu.be/U5o9b2RVC2E
If I hear meditation is good for anxiety one more fucking time, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Don't take this the wrong way, but this is kind of like saying "How long is a piece of string?" I once had a panic attack while getting ready for work, that shit was terrifying. No, I didn't miss work that day, I wasn't even late. But I'm sure some people would have been put up in the hospital thinking they'd had a heart attack.
When you say panic attack, what does that mean to you? I've heard numerous people describe this with very different symptoms.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
When you say panic attack, what does that mean to you? I've heard numerous people describe this with very different symptoms.
Rapid heart rate, cold sweats, shortness of breath, lightheadedness. I layed down to try to catch my breath and woke up on the floor several minutes later.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Never experienced anxiety until we had my son. Driving, water, health - all new ‘anxieties’ with him.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
If I hear meditation is good for anxiety one more fucking time, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.
Meditation is good for anxiety but people don’t know how to properly meditate, that’s the problem.

Try go into an ice bath. It’s a great test to see if you really are meditating or not

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Meditation is good for anxiety but people don’t know how to properly meditate, that’s the problem.
The problem is people think meditation works for everything. Ability to manage depends on the level of anxiety people have. It's the same as when people say "Just smoke some weed."

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
The problem is people think meditation works for everything. Ability to manage depends on the level of anxiety people have. It's the same as when people say "Just smoke some weed."
i'm not saying you but most people who claims that they practice meditation, really don't know how. they just say they do.

i agree with the weed comment. just smoking weed is not the answer. people should know what type of cannabinoids have the type of effect on the body, and every body is different

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i'm not saying you but most people who claims that they practice meditation, really don't know how. they just say they do.
I wasn't implying you were talking about me, I'm just letting you know that meditation as a treatment has limitations. If it works for you, or others, that's great.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I wasn't implying you were talking about me, I'm just letting you know that meditation as a treatment has limitations. If it works for you, or others, that's great.
for sure. but what I'm hearing from most people are that they say they've tried meditation for about a week and that it worked a little bit but wasn't satisfied, didn't help that much to get rid of their anxiety.

but in order for someone to reach the true meditative state, their mind has to be completely empty. which takes more than a week to reach that level especially for the modern day people who live in the most chaotic social media and smart phone era.

i read something about how today's people are so distracted, in a day, they have to make about 2000 more decisions compared to what people of ancient times have to make in their entire lifetime. and meditation was practiced back in those days and even in those days, it took years to actually master it.

so when people say meditation will help (i believe with almost everything if you practiced it right), it's true if you practice it the right way. which most people don't~ cuz it's not something you try it out for a day or two

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
for sure. but what I'm hearing from most people are that they say they've tried meditation for about a week and that it worked a little bit but wasn't satisfied, didn't help that much to get rid of their anxiety.

but in order for someone to reach the true meditative state, their mind has to be completely empty. which takes more than a week to reach that level especially for the modern day people who live in the most chaotic social media and smart phone era.

i read something about how today's people are so distracted, in a day, they have to make about 2000 more decisions compared to what people of ancient times have to make in their entire lifetime. and meditation was practiced back in those days and even in those days, it took years to actually master it.

so when people say meditation will help (i believe with almost everything if you practiced it right), it's true if you practice it the right way. which most people don't~ cuz it's not something you try it out for a day or two
Not to put too fine a point on it, but anxiety doesn't have weeks for you to figure your shit out.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
BC has created a ministry of mental health and addictions since the NDP took power.

We have seen more publicly funded mental health skills groups being offered, such as, CBT, Mindful Meditation, Anxiety & Depression Coping Skills and so on. Always full. Good feedback. These are initiatives govts need to be taking.

Hopefully anyone experiencing anxiety is able to talk to their doctor about it and is provided the opportunity to improve their mental health before being medicated.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Not to put too fine a point on it, but anxiety doesn't have weeks for you to figure your shit out.
I was talking more about how long people say they tried meditation for... most will say tried it for a moment, a day, I was being generous and said weeks.

anxiety doesn't have weeks but if you master the meditation, you'll prevent future anxiety and it'll never happen. sounds like a pretty good trade-off if you'd sacrifice few episodes of anxiety.

also even if you might not master the meditation technique, but while trying, it'll still suppress some anxiety.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I was talking more about how long people say they tried meditation for... most will say tried it for a moment, a day, I was being generous and said weeks.

anxiety doesn't have weeks but if you master the meditation, you'll prevent future anxiety and it'll never happen. sounds like a pretty good trade-off if you'd sacrifice few episodes of anxiety.

also even if you might not master the meditation technique, but while trying, it'll still suppress some anxiety.
Again, it depends what kind of anxiety you're dealing with. Like most things in life, there's levels to it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
right. and i'm saying, if you master the meditation, you'll never have to deal with it
Yeah, I think you're missing the point I'm making. What I'm saying it you can only directly relate to your own experiences. So meditation might be great for some people, more power to them. For other people meditation will never be enough.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Yeah, I think you're missing the point I'm making. What I'm saying it you can only directly relate to your own experiences. So meditation might be great for some people, more power to them. For other people meditation will never be enough.
And if you have anxiety while you’re at work because something unexpected occurs you can’t just stop and meditate. You also can’t legally smoke weed where i live. Sometimes you gotta rely on medication.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
You also can’t legally smoke weed where i live.
You need a vape pen with preloaded indica cartridges.

No need to fuck around. No need to load or clean. Very minimal to no smell depending on type and brand. Best thing to happen to stoners ever!

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

No need to fuck around. No need to load or clean. Very minimal to no smell depending on type and brand. Best thing to happen to stoners ever!
What in the fuck is wrong with you?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015

The vape pens are very good, but you gotta drive 2 hours across state lines to get them and hope you don’t get pulled over on the way back. Some people also have to worry about employers making them piss in a cup.

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
The vape pens are very good, but you gotta drive 2 hours across state lines to get them and hope you don’t get pulled over on the way back. Some people also have to worry about employers making them piss in a cup.
Too bad you couldnt just order them in the mail to your door like the rest of ... those filthy pot smokers. Piss tests are bullshit.