Personal goal achieved

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
Fitness goal achieved!

My weight lifting routine is a version of 5x5. I know most of you know this but for those that dont for each lift you do 5 sets of 5 lifts with a 45 second rest between each set and a 2 minute rest between each different lift. It works good for me because you get a good workout without having to lift anywhere near what your maximum weight is, so you have a much smaller chance of hurting yourself (not to mention doing the lifts that quickly with very little rest between actually gets you a decent cardio workout as well).

Today I hit a goal I had been shooting for. I added enough weight to my deadlift today so that I was able to do 5x5 with my bodyweight. I know 195lbs is not a ton of weight and I am sure I could do a lot more than that if I was just trying for one max weight lift, but I am pretty proud that I could do 5 sets of 5 quickly with what I weigh.

Part of me wants to move the weight up for the next session since it went way better than I had expected but I know I should wait and do a few sessions at the new weight first.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Nice! Most people who hit the gym never even attempt a deadlift. Before you go up in weight try doing very slow negatives or do each rep in slow motion.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Mate, that is awesome. Keep it up. If your form and grip strength is ok, then bump up.

It's total volume that really counts.
I used to sacrifice form for weight, then it got too heavy and my grip gave out - before I learnt the hard way.

Little by little bro, you have all the time in the world.
Hardest part is just getting off your ass and doing something.