General Pete Buttigieg making fools of Fox News yet again

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
He never said that.

You did.

He was never so abrasive.

That was all you.

And since you're the one that put the words "pigheaded idiot" into his mouth and are now trying to use them against him you're officially being a pigheaded idiot.

This is why so many people don't like having discourse with you. Even when we agree with you.

So.. back to ignore you go because you're still doing what you've done since you arrived.

Cheers, mate.
Fine, I shouldn't use a term that he didn't explicitly say.

That is on me.

I gave him an on-topic response that wasn't insulting to him personally.

He doesn't want to hear anything other than agreement. Pretty much as simple as that. He doesn't want to discuss the topic. I reached out to him and said that I agreed there was, quote, "PLENTY of criticisms to make of CNN and MSNBC. PLENTY."

Then I articulated 3 of them for him. That's me finding common ground and being conciliatory.

But I don't agree that the two sides are exactly the same and that there is absolutely zero difference between them. I am perfectly willing to articulate WHY I don't believe this, and provide evidence to back it.

Yet it's just too much to ask for him to so much as acknowledge a single point that I made - let alone that anything I said might have an ounce of validity to it. Go on - find an example of him acknowledging a single point that I made. Not even agreeing with it or challenging it - just simply acknowledging its existence.

So I'll ask again. What is the appropriate response - outside of telling him that I agree with everything he said - that won't generate the exact same response? Is this a discussion board, or is this a blog with a comment section?

??

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
All mainstream news channels lost my viewership many years ago. I can’t stand bias or forced narratives of any kind, and even though there is no such thing as truly objective journalism, I find the biggest industry players to be the biggest culprits. I can’t stand Fox News, but I don’t see them any worse than an MSNBC, for example. They both are horrible for the public and our mental health.
I don't watch or read the news, either. It all has bias.

However, Fox News are demonstrably worse than MSNBC. So much so that they win court cases on their lies by arguing that a reasonable person wouldn't take them seriously. It's literally an entertainment channel.