Pettis injured while providing sample to usada

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is in the process of suing the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency for an injury he says he suffered while providing the agency a urine sample immediately before a fight against Nate Diaz in August 2019.

According to Pettis, USADA, which oversees the UFC's year-round anti-doping program, requested a urine sample prior to Pettis' fight against Diaz at UFC 241 in Anaheim, California. Pettis says he submitted the test but suffered a laceration on his right hand while screwing on the top of a glass collection bottle.

Pettis, 32, says the UFC doctors closed the cut on his hand with glue, and he still managed to fight. Pettis said his longtime coach, Duke Roufus, advised him to pull out of the bout entirely. Pettis (22-9) lost a unanimous decision.

Pettis' manager, Abe Kawa, told ESPN that they have retained noted anti-doping attorney Howard Jacobs, who has defended UFC star Jon Jones in a USADA anti-doping case, and intend to file a lawsuit this week.

"We are absolutely filing a lawsuit," Kawa said. "We'll be naming USADA, the UFC and the manufacturer of the bottle that Anthony cut himself on."

USADA representatives declined to comment when reached by ESPN.

Pettis, of Milwaukee, is scheduled to face Diego Ferreira at UFC 246 on Saturday in Las Vegas. It will mark his first appearance since losing to Diaz last August.

Pettis to sue anti-doping agency after test injury

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
I've never cut myself on glass a single time in my life, and i'm pretty sure i'd be extra careful with glass my pecker is about to go near.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this injury and a weight cut seem like a convenient way to mask a meth pipe injury and ensuing addiction. reminds me of Krazy tony wrecking his knee whilst tripping.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I'm sorry but if you can't screw a lid on a jar without cutting yourself you're a donut.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Man, UFC is a dangerous sport!
I heard that a former very successful heavyweight tore his rotator cuff, just from putting on a Reebok tshirt.