Pettis vs. Poirier might headline fight night 120 Nov. 11 in Virginia

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Former UFC champion Anthony Pettis and Dustin Poirier have verbally agreed to a five-round lightweight bout that will headline a Nov. 11 card in Virginia, sources confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday.

Pettis' longtime coach Duke Roufus announced the bout on social media. The UFC has not made an official announcement.

Sources: Pettis, Poirier agree to Nov. 11 bout

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Sounds like it's verbally agreed so far. I like it. It's not optimal, but given the tuf situation, I think it's a good move.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's not bad. Dustin will come after Anthony so it could turn out to be really fun.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
C'mon, format this shit correctly nuraknu @nuraknu for fucks sake!
Well I used to do it a lot, but then a bunch of times you made your own duplicate thread or just ignored the story, maybe not article-worthy idk, so that's a lot of time going to waste. I figured you would just do it if you wanted to promote the thread.

I will go back to formatting articles. :oops:

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
My sources reported this one being in the works about two weeks ago. Safe to say it will be officially announced soon.

Good fight. Poirier by KO.
Yeeeah. Not sold on Pettis being "back" yet after beating ol' Jimbo... Even if he is back, I always found him extremely overrated & it still shows as they're giving him this main event slot against a top 10er. Not doing him any favors.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Well I used to do it a lot, but then a bunch of times you made your own duplicate thread or just ignored the story, maybe not article-worthy idk, so that's a lot of time going to waste. I figured you would just do it if you wanted to promote the thread.

I will go back to formatting articles. :oops:
Wild @Wild is notorious for starting secondary threads that only 5 people post in because everyone else is still chatting in the thread that scooped him.

It makes me giggle like a maniac that is the only person that gets the joke.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Pettis has never been KOed before, actually it's Porier who has been KOed and rocked multiple times, Pettis has shown an iron chin as much as he has fallen off. Both guys looked good in their last fights, I say that it's a competitive fight that goes to a decision or finish in the 3rd/4th rounds