General Petty, trivial things that irritate you FAR more than is justified.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
  1. The use of "Storm's coming..." in every drama/action movie, and "freedom" as the rallying cry of the protagonists' side.
  2. People mispronouncing "nuclear".
  3. People using "exponential" when it's clearly linear growth.
  4. People with poor self-awareness.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
The term "survivor" being used for the victim of any crime, regardless of whether or not their life was in any danger at any point.

Case in point - Larry Nassar's victims. What he did over a span of years is unforgivable. He is a vile piece of shit and a pedophile, and he fully deserves to sit in a cell until he dies, which is (rightly) his fate, and none of us have one gram of sympathy for him.

However.

Disgusting and vile as his crimes were - none of his victims were ever in a situation where their life or even their physical health or safety was in any danger at all. He was molesting them in his office, oftentimes with their parents in the same room. Again, he should die in prison (and he will) and that is good........ but to call the likes of Simone Biles a "survivor" IMO is disrespectful to the victims of crimes whose lives WERE in real and imminent danger, and whose survival actually WAS in real question.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
People who don't understand the different meanings of survivor.
I'm an earthquake survivor. Except I'm not, because I can't look at someone who was dug out of a collapsed building after hours of being trapped, and equate my experience to that because a building collapsed near me, but not on top of me.

To me, you're a survivor if your life was in active danger. Harvey Weinstein's victims aren't "survivors". They are victims.

??

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I'm an earthquake survivor. Except I'm not, because I can't look at someone who was dug out of a collapsed building after hours of being trapped, and equate my experience to that because a building collapsed near me, but not on top of me.

To me, you're a survivor if your life was in active danger. Harvey Weinstein's victims aren't "survivors". They are victims.

??
Yes, yes you are a survivor. And don't let anyone tell you any different.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Yes, yes you are a survivor. And don't let anyone tell you any different.
We can agree to differ. To me, you "survive" a life-threatening situation. Larry Nasser and Harvey Weinstein did not threaten anyone's lives or even physical health/safety. Which is not to dismiss what they did, of course.

But if there was never any chance that a situation could have killed you, then to me, you didn't "survive" it.

??

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Downloaded a podcast called "The Lives of Herders on the Ancient Steppes: Interview with Professor Alicia Miller."

Forty-five minutes later, I shut it off. I now know absolutely nothing new about steppe people, but I did know absolutely everything that has ever happened to Professor Alicia Miller in her academic career. Every institution she ever worked or studied at, every professor she studied under, everyone she ever met while enrolled at university, all her views on a wide range of irrelevant topics.

But absolutely fucking nothing about the lifestyle of the steppe people.

Similar to when you download a podcast, and it's two or three random idiots who think they're hilarious standup comedians, and they're not. So they spend the first ten-fifteen minutes of the podcast with amateur riffs about bullshit, at wildly varying volume levels.

Also when podcasts start off by thanking their new Patreon supporters by name, or - the absolute worst! - reading user reviews of their own fucking podcast.

??

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
edit.
edit #2: people who say “should of” instead of “should have” especially Shinkicker @Shinkicker who is both hysterical and an ass.

Last edited:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Shinkicker @Shinkicker please tell me you were trolling me in the other thread!!! That would be the funniest. When I saw your nice comment there I scrambled to erase my post here so as to not offend. If you were just busting my chops, well, that is just brilliant! Well played! (If not, then disregard LOL!!!h

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
People that start arguments just for the sake of arguing. Those types of people are annoying as fuck. It really doesn’t affect me in any way, but it drives me crazy.

People who post way too many topics on forums. I get it, you’re bored and want to interact with people, but for fuck sake, tone it down a bit.
Thats probably the most trivial one.

People who are inconsiderate of what is happening around them. I believe Wintermute @peter_weyland said it, “people who lack self awareness”. It fucking drives me crazy.

Last edited:

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Shinkicker @Shinkicker please tell me you were trolling me in the other thread!!! That would be the funniest. When I saw your nice comment there I scrambled to erase my post here so as to not offend. If you were just busting my chops, well, that is just brilliant! Well played! (If not, then disregard LOL!!!h

You should of just left the post and not edited it.

Lol

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
People that start arguments just for the sake of arguing. Those types of people are annoying as fuck. It really doesn’t affect me in any way, but it drives me crazy.
People who act like someone having a different opinion is an act of violence, or that it's impossible to disagree and still get along, are pretty much the same for me. There's one woman at work who sticks her beak in when a colleague and I are giving each other shit about NZ vs Australia at sports, ffs. We're just being guys, talking shit about sports and making fun of each other, and she wants to file a fucking HR complaint because we're calling each other dumbasses. He and I get along with each other like a house on fire.

??

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
When you are at corner store/gas station and some dipshit is cashing in old lotto tickets and buying new ones wasting everyone’s time in line.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
And old people who can't send an email or run a Google search for something. Yeah that "but I'm old!" excuse ran out ten years ago - computers have been a part of daily life for everybody for more than 20 years now. At this point, not knowing how to do basic shit on a PC is the same as not knowing how to work a washing machine or a TV remote.

??

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
People who act like someone having a different opinion is an act of violence, or that it's impossible to disagree and still get along, are pretty much the same for me. There's one woman at work who sticks her beak in when a colleague and I are giving each other shit about NZ vs Australia at sports, ffs. We're just being guys, talking shit about sports and making fun of each other, and she wants to file a fucking HR complaint because we're calling each other dumbasses. He and I get along with each other like a house on fire.

??
Dude, you talk about being civil during discussions on here, then ultimately result to name calling when someone has a differing opinion, or an opinion you don’t like

It is possible to disagree with someone and still get along. For fuck sake, I get along with most people on here who have widely different world views than myself.

You on the other hand, have seemed to start shit with a good chunk of people, especially when you get called out for doing what you whine about other posters doing.

I never claimed it was an act of violence. Just an act of zero self awareness.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
When I'm trying to cash in my lotto winnings and parlay them at the corner store/gas station and the stoners behind me in line start sighing and rolling their eyes. It's not my fault I'm a winner and you're a loser.