General PHX Police Murder Guy Playing Video Games

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If rioters try to harm the businesses and homes of other citizens they will be shot, so how does that help?

Guns are used in self defense daily and are our only defense against the tyrannical state you seem to oppose.
Why would you want to ban a person's ability to defend themselves? Do you hate women and the elderly?

Maybe you should consider adult solutions rather than left wing idiocy?

Le Chat Noir
©

Got you triggered pretty easily I see. You're a tough cookie to rattle so I always appreciate when I can get your goat. But...
Might want to read the rest of the thread. Or maybe even the rest of the post hint:click the blurry text to read an inline spoiler.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
First off, this was terrible. I got sick watching it.

But I have a question, does anyone here actually answer their door with a gun in hand?

I haven't. But in a world of legal guns, what else can he do than put his hand up, attempt to make the gun a non-threat, and kneel down yelling while yelling panic woah woah woah woah??

If that requires a commentary about not opening your own door with a legal gun in a no threatening posture (just the existence- and to be clear I don't know that you're making that argument), then legal guns at home are incompatible with community policing. And we are back to...either the cops are the problem or the gun is.

I think it's the former...the cops. But if the home owner (non criminal) did something wrong then I only see those arguments as exercising that legal right as an argument the right is a problem.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I haven't. But in a world of legal guns, what else can he do than put his hand up, attempt to make the gun a non-threat, and kneel down yelling while yelling panic woah woah woah woah??

If that requires a commentary about not opening your own door with a legal gun in a no threatening posture (just the existence- and to be clear I don't know that you're making that argument), then legal guns at home are incompatible with community policing. And we are back to...either the cops are the problem or the gun is.

I think it's the former...the cops. But if the home owner (non criminal) did something wrong then I only see those arguments as exercising that legal right as an argument the right is a problem.
I agree. And that was a bad shooting. The home owner absolutely did nothing wrong.

I was just wondering how many people really answer their door with a gun in hand. Right or wrong......Ok like, if I knew my neighbor answers his door with a gun, I'd want him to move or maybe I'd be looking to move.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Got you triggered pretty easily I see.
Might want to read the rest of the thread. Or maybe even the rest of the post hint:click the blurry text to read an inline spoiler.
Only liberals can be triggered, because only liberals want banned words and safe spaces.
Maybe you can use some more banal pop lingo...hater, cis male, incel...

I read enough to see you repeat the same thing several times. If you were trying for sarcasm, you may want to work at it.

You seem tense. Maybe you should take some time to relax and have a proper meal and a refreshing bottle of chablis.

Sunday morning we went out for a lovely brunch and had the best mimosas with orange and pomegranate.
Then we went home and made a couple more with pineapple. Very refreshing.

Le Chat Noir
©

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I agree. And that was a bad shooting. The home owner absolutely did nothing wrong.

I was just wondering how many people really answer their door with a gun in hand. Right or wrong......Ok like, if I knew my neighbor answers his door with a gun, I'd want him to move or maybe I'd be looking to move.
I personally hate open carry because of the ambiguity it creates for everybody around that person including police. I am blaming open carry as a problem.

In your dislike of somebody who opens their door with a visible weapon and my own dislike of open carry in public spaces, there is some truth that maybe exercising that even at home is somehow problematic. Somehow out of line with the societal contract.

But in the end, if there's one place that I don't want to start penalizing gun owners it's in their own homes. And while I think that owning a gun should come with a much higher level of responsibility and training, the great majority of gun owners have never drawn their pistol from a holster. They can't reasonably be expected to defend their home with that legal right from anywhere other than gun already in hand and simple mechanic of raising their arm.

Anyways...
details on this case. Apparently the guy had interacted with a woman down the hall who he was worried about being beat. He had checked on her and told her if she needed anything to let him know. So there's some of that in play about being worried about an abusing neighbor. Also somebody rang their doorbell and then nobody was there a few nights before so they were on edge.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Depends on the situation. But yes, I have.
I was raised in the country. We had a shotgun behind the door and Dad never answered the door after dark without a pistol in his pocket. I got my first gun when I was 12. But I was also taught never to pull the gun out until I intended to use it. Dad said, "that will get you killed faster than anything."

When my son was about 11 he had a toy pistol with an orange cap on the end. He took the orange cap off and was playing in the neighborhood with it......guess what my reaction was? What would you tell your kid about that?

I know it's not the same. I guess it just blows my mind that people aren't more careful with the handling of guns and the impact they can have on perception and situations.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I personally hate open carry because of the ambiguity it creates for everybody around that person including police. I am blaming open carry as a problem.

In your dislike of somebody who opens their door with a visible weapon and my own dislike of open carry in public spaces, there is some truth that maybe exercising that even at home is somehow problematic. Somehow out of line with the societal contract.

But in the end, if there's one place that I don't want to start penalizing gun owners it's in their own homes. And while I think that owning a gun should come with a much higher level of responsibility and training, the great majority of gun owners have never drawn their pistol from a holster. They can't reasonably be expected to defend their home with that legal right from anywhere other than gun already in hand and simple mechanic of raising their arm.

Anyways...
details on this case. Apparently the guy had interacted with a woman down the hall who he was worried about being beat. He had checked on her and told her if she needed anything to let him know. So there's some of that in play about being worried about an abusing neighbor. Also somebody rang their doorbell and then nobody was there a few nights before so they were on edge.
I hate open carry, also. You are providing a deadly weapon to an enemy as soon as you get under 21 feet (I heard that on criminal minds, lol).

The further details make this so much worse. I might have answered the door with a gun in that situation.
(Not really. I'm a coward. I wouldn't have answered the door until I saw cops through the peephole.)

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I was raised in the country. We had a shotgun behind the door and Dad never answered the door after dark without a pistol in his pocket. I got my first gun when I was 12. But I was also taught never to pull the gun out until I intended to use it. Dad said, "that will get you killed faster than anything."

When my son was about 11 he had a toy pistol with an orange cap on the end. He took the orange cap off and was playing in the neighborhood with it......guess what my reaction was? What would you tell your kid about that?

I know it's not the same. I guess it just blows my mind that people aren't more careful with the handling of guns and the impact they can have on perception and situations.
100%

There's a big difference to having a pistol ready to go and having one already in your hand. Or even just having it pointed at the ground.

There's a way to hold a gun and not have the other guy think he's 100% about to be shot.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
There's a way to hold a gun and not have the other guy think he's 100% about to be shot.
And before people jump my shit - I'm not talking about this incident.

I haven't even watched the video yet.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
First off, this was terrible. I got sick watching it.

But I have a question, does anyone here actually answer their door with a gun in hand?
yes.

I live in a nice neighborhood, no crime.

If you knock on my door after 9PM, there's a good chance I have a pistol in my hand behind the door when I stick my face out.