General Plastic Surgeon operates during virtual traffic court

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1614608087793.png

The Medical Board of California said it would investigate a plastic surgeon who appeared in a videoconference for his traffic violation trial while operating.

The Sacramento Bee reports Dr. Scott Green appeared Thursday for his Sacramento Superior Court trial, held virtually because of the coronavirus pandemic, from an operating room. He was dressed in surgical scrubs with a patient undergoing the procedure just out of view; the beeps of medical machinery can be heard in the background.

“Hello, Mr. Green? Hi. Are you available for trial?” asked a courtroom clerk as an officer summoned to appear in trial raised her eyebrows. “It kind of looks like you’re in an operating room right now?”

“I am, sir,” Green replied. “Yes, I’m in an operating room right now. Yes, I’m available for trial. Go right ahead.”

The clerk reminded Green the proceedings were being livestreamed because traffic trials are required by law to be open to the public, and Green said he understood. He appeared to continue working with his head down while waiting for Court Commissioner Gary Link to enter the chamber.

When Link appeared and saw the doctor on the screen, the judge hesitated to proceed with the trial out of concern for the welfare of the patient.

“I have another surgeon right here who’s doing the surgery with me, so I can stand here and allow them to do the surgery also,” Green said.

The judge said he didn’t think it was appropriate to conduct trial under the circumstances. He told Green he’d rather set a new date for trial “when you’re not actively involved or participating and attending to the needs of a patient.”

Green apologized.

“Sometimes, surgery doesn’t always go as,” he said before the judge interrupted him.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
wife beat an illegal u-turn ticken in cali
cost $100 to have "mr. ticket" fight and win for her
i got clocked by CHP at 85 in a 70. But either he didn't show up to the trial date, or my explanation satisfied the court.
Either way, I just got a letter that said it was found in my favor and they were returning my >$300 ticket money.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
effective tactic

what are his charges?

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
something weird is going on in Sacramento because here in long beach we can go to traffic court in person you just have to wear a mask. the George Deukmejian courthouse is open.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
why didn't he just take time off a plastic surgeon is usually not doing surgery where the person is going to die if he takes like 2 hrs off to go to court.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
something weird is going on in Sacramento because here in long beach we can go to traffic court in person you just have to wear a mask. the George Deukmejian courthouse is open.
Ya
that building is ridiculous

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Sacramento sucks. Especially South Sacramento it's a legit shithole. It's the original home of the goon that murdered the 26 and 15 year old girls and livestreamed for the world to see that I made a thread about. Amazing that this is the Capital of our state...

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Ya
that building is ridiculous
it is ostentatious AF I lol when I have to go to that ridiculous courthouse they let that architect go to town I felt like I was in blade runner when I had to serve jury duty.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Sacramento sucks. Especially South Sacramento it's a legit shithole. It's the original home of the goon that murdered the 26 and 15 year old girls and livestreamed for the world to see that I made a thread about. Amazing that this is the Capital of our state...
I know.I have family in dixon,CA which is actually like a nice suburb outside Sacramento.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Was this zhivago and he’s trying to throw us off the path ??

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
we have great hospitals in CA im not sure what you are getting at.
I'm sure you do. The one I work in has skewed my opinion but you're right. I shouldn't judge them all by my experience. My bad.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
why didn't he just take time off a plastic surgeon is usually not doing surgery where the person is going to die if he takes like 2 hrs off to go to court.
from the way he spoke about it, a surgery he wasn't planning to be a part of suddenly required his participation.

and not all plastic surgery is boobs and noses. there's some pretty high-level reconstruction for victims of burns and other injuries that take a long time and could suddenly require an expert hand. The clock is ticking when a patient is under.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
2 hours?
I'm pretty convinced traffic court is structured in such a way that the majority of people figure it's not worth wasting an entire day to fight a $200 ticket.

Of all the Covid changes that might stick even after the pandemic is over, virtual traffic court appearances won't be one of them. It's a revenue generator and they rely on people saying "fuck it" and mailing in their bullshit fine.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
2 hours?
I'm pretty convinced traffic court is structured in such a way that the majority of people figure it's not worth wasting an entire day to fight a $200 ticket.

Of all the Covid changes that might stick even after the pandemic is over, virtual traffic court appearances won't be one of them. It's a revenue generator and they rely on people saying "fuck it" and mailing in their bullshit fine.
traffic court doesnt take that long here it is a little trailer outside the court and tickets cost 500 bucks here. this sort of makes what he did worse because he has "fuck it" money to just pay the ticket and not risk that patients life.