Platinum Perry's next fight booked. It's Yancy Medeiros at UFC 226

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

A welterweight contest between hard-hitting contenders Mike Perry and Yancy Medeiros has been scheduled for July 7 at UFC 226.
The UFC announced the matchup Tuesday following an initial report by the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Perry (11-3) looks to rebound from the first losing streak of his career after suffering back-to-back decision setbacks at the hands of Santiago Ponzinibbio and Max Griffin over a two-month span. The latter fight took place in February at UFC on FOX 28.

Prior to his recent slump, Perry scored highlight-reel knockouts in four of his first five UFC appearances, including a memorable standing elbow finish of Jake Ellenberger that made MMA Fighting’s 2017 Knockout of the Year list.

Medeiros (15-5, 1 NC), meanwhile, saw his recent winning streak snapped with a first-round knockout loss at the hands of Donald Cerrone in February. The setback marked Medeiros’ first at 170 pounds. Prior to that, the native Hawaiian won three consecutive fights via stoppage to start his welterweight run — a run highlighted by Medeiros’ electric victory over Alex Oliveirathat slotted in at No. 2 on MMA Fighting’s 2017 Fight of the Year list.

Mike Perry vs. Yancy Medeiros slated for UFC 226

Perry needs this win, and Medeiros ain't a joke. Should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Good scrap. I don’t think there is a chance in hell Perry would be released with a third loss in a row, but he needs the win to remain relevant.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Oh shit that's an awesome fight

I got yancy but agree with Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz no chance they cut Perry, even with 3 loses in a row
You fight like him they'll skip that unwritten rule and rightfully so

M

member 3289

I'd heard he was fighting Emil Meek, and I was worried.

Yancy is a much better fight for him imo.

M

member 3289

If yancy fights long he can win but his defense is porous and his chin isnt great

Perry ko rd1
Yancy is tough as nails, but he gets beat by any high-level technical striker (Poirier, Cerrone, etc.).

Perry isn't high-level yet, but he's bigger than Yancy and he hits harder. He also has a better chin imo.

I was worried when I thought it was Perry vs Meek. Emil Meek is a very dangerous striker who might have elbowed Perry's face all the way to Valhalla.

T

The Big Guy

Yancy is tough as nails, but he gets beat by any high-level technical striker (Poirier, Cerrone, etc.).

Perry isn't high-level yet, but he's bigger than Yancy and he hits harder. He also has a better chin imo.

I was worried when I thought it was Perry vs Meek. Emil Meek is a very dangerous striker who might have elbowed Perry's face all the way to Valhalla.
Usada emil meek is overrated

M

member 3289

Usada emil meek is overrated
Gtfo. He frightened Kumaru Usman so bad that Usman was forced to wrestle-fuck him.

I still wake up at night and punch the wall screaming for the referee to stand that fucking fight up.

T

The Big Guy

Gtfo. He frightened Kumaru Usman so bad that Usman was forced to wrestle-fuck him.

I still wake up at night and punch the wall screaming for the referee to stand that fucking fight up.
I agree it was a bad showing from usman but he will wrestlefuck everyone. He only KO moraes because it was the safer route to victory plus he could show some of his stand up. Why risk leg humping a bjj guy when he cant take you down and you can ko him.

The meek fight was boring i agree but what do you expect from a european striker against a high level wrestler. Thats a easy gameplan to put together but usman could have done more and could have probably got the stoppage

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Good scrap. I don’t think there is a chance in hell Perry would be released with a third loss in a row, but he needs the win to remain relevant.
And I don’t think he gets it here unfortunately. Tough fight for Platinum.

M

member 3289

I agree it was a bad showing from usman but he will wrestlefuck everyone. He only KO moraes because it was the safer route to victory plus he could show some of his stand up. Why risk leg humping a bjj guy when he cant take you down and you can ko him.

The meek fight was boring i agree but what do you expect from a european striker against a high level wrestler. Thats a easy gameplan to put together but usman could have done more and could have probably got the stoppage
Smart strategy against both guys but he did not have the ability to get a stoppage in that Meek fight. Go watch the fight again, all Usman does is grab and hold because every time he tries to advance his position he eats shots from Meek from the bottom.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

Agree, I personally think this match heavily favors Perry ...should be able to KO Yancy.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I like Perry, but if he loses three in a row as I believe he will, maybe he should go sharpen up his game in smaller shows. He's got big charisma, but also a lot of work to do if he ever wants to be a top tier UFC fighter.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
what will he do without his chief strategist in his corner?
I want to say this is the most bizarre thing I have seen in mma but guy like warpath wearing a wrestling singlet and shad smith wearing vans was pretty weird