Please don't post full comics

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I almost feel like a traitor for posting that. Admins have told me that we can't post full comics here. A page or two is OK to support a discussion and falls under fair use but posting whole comics that aren't in the public domain could cause legal problems for the site. Admin have been cool and want to work with us and communicate so that we have a cool community here.

As I understand it, there are a group of guys on Facebook sorting out a pocket dimension, so they'd probably really appreciate your contributions.

Cheers for understanding guys

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

my pc went nuts because of the load of pics

P

Punch

Leigh @Leigh Splinty @Splinty Wild @I Wild Each It What about Youtube videos of comics put to music? Youtube leaves them up fine, so does that mean it would be cool to link to them there?
There are some good ones up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Leigh @Leigh Splinty @Splinty Wild @I Wild Each It What about Youtube videos of comics put to music? Youtube leaves them up fine, so does that mean it would be cool to link to them there?
To be clear, go for it. This is the real bitch about copyright. Change one thing and then its for the lawyers to decide if its substantial enough to be "fair use". We'd like to keep our site out of that battle where we can.

Our only limit at this time is don't link to any overt pirate or stream sites. Go there and its and all hosted full comics, books, or movies for free? It's probably not legit. Duh. Keep it out of the public forum.

Not sure, I was given the guideline by Splinty @Splinty
Our only concerns is that the forum becomes full of, and predominantly, hosted entire comics. Linking to youtube or any other site that is not a pirate or stream site should be a minimal threat. Just don't make this forum a vessel for primarily the trading of copyrighted content. :) It can become a grey area after that and we'll just have to listen to DMCA letters if there is an accidental violation.
Can't be more clear because the law is a mess too. I actually wouldn't even know to mention this exccept in the wake of the success of comic book movies over the last few years, content owners have started in on this one. We aren't really THAT worried about a financial judgement against us since there are plenty of DMCA mechanisms...just remove the content. We just would rather set expectations of front to save our time and not have to come in an remove stuff. We'll play it by ear :)

P

Punch

To be clear, go for it. This is the real bitch about copyright. Change one thing and then its for the lawyers to decide if its substantial enough to be "fair use". We'd like to keep our site out of that battle where we can.

Our only limit at this time is don't link to any overt pirate or stream sites. Go there and its and all hosted full comics, books, or movies for free? It's probably not legit. Duh. Keep it out of the public forum.

Our only concerns is that the forum becomes full of, and predominantly, hosted entire comics. Linking to youtube or any other site that is not a pirate or stream site should be a minimal threat. Just don't make this forum a vessel for primarily the trading of copyrighted content. :) It can become a grey area after that and we'll just have to listen to DMCA letters if there is an accidental violation.
Can't be more clear because the law is a mess too. I actually wouldn't even know to mention this exccept in the wake of the success of comic book movies over the last few years, content owners have started in on this one. We aren't really THAT worried about a financial judgement against us since there are plenty of DMCA mechanisms...just remove the content. We just would rather set expectations of front to save our time and not have to come in an remove stuff. We'll play it by ear :)