General Please! Think of the shredded cheese and discuss various pickup trucks!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I know right. Take it in for a oil change and end up paying for a valve replacement and possibly new brakes since it has 37000 miles on it.
I've seen that kind of shit at smaller shops, but not at dealerships. Dealership guys don't need to steal to make sure they can put food on the table.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Chicken
Lettuce
Under
Bacon

Someone told me that once
Chef's in Ontario are a red seal trade. When I was there to write my tech license, I bumped into a hot chick who was there to write her Chef's exam. I asked her what kind of questions are on a chef's exam. She said that one of the questions they ask is how to properly make a club sandwich; layering, ingredients, etc. I don't remember the details now, but I do remember that if it's served on anything other than 3 slives of toast, and if there's a meat on it that isn't bacon and turkey. It's not a club sandwich.

TLDR: Whoever told you that is full of shit.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Chef's in Ontario are a red seal trade. When I was there to write my tech license, I bumped into a hot chick who was there to write her Chef's exam. I asked her what kind of questions are on a chef's exam. She said that one of the questions they ask is how to properly make a club sandwich; layering, ingredients, etc. I don't remember the details now, but I do remember that if it's served on anything other than 3 slives of toast, and if there's a meat on it that isn't bacon and turkey. It's not a club sandwich.

Canadia is super polite, they let y'all make your own tests?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I could've sworn in a thread I'm too lazy to look up, you went over why the tundra simply didn't have enough options.
Oh yeah, but that's the current Truck. It's old hat and needs a redesign. Which is coming apparently but bumped by coronavirus to next year instead of this year.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I could've sworn in a thread I'm too lazy to look up, you went over why the tundra simply didn't have enough options.
The current tundra is a solid truck, but dated and gets horrible gas milage and has terrible towing capability compared to other trucks in its class

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh yeah, but that's the current Truck. It's old hat and needs a redesign. Which is coming apparently but bumped by coronavirus to next year instead of this year.
You want a hybrid? Because you're getting a hybrid.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Great, so you're telling me I don't get a new truck in November?

M

member 1013

A red seal is a national certification that you need a provincial or territorial certification to get, weird way to say that.