General Plenty of Fish

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
No.

You spoke in public. You will be responded to in public.

I let you know I don't appreciate your crudeness and it was unwarranted and unwelcome.

You thought you would be funny, and when you got called on your immaturity you took the adolescent route and continued rather than apologize.

It stung because you know you are in the wrong and no one likes to feel that way.

However, rather than act like a grown up like the other poster you continued down the path by insulting me for calling you on your faux pas.

You're just grandstanding now because you're in the wrong and hoping to find a moral foothold to justify acting like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
There's nothing "wrong" with my comment in the context it was given, other than it was apparently unoriginal.

As is your faux indignation.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There's nothing "wrong" with my comment in the context it was given, other than it was apparently unoriginal.

As is your faux indignation.
You know it was wrong.

You thought you'd be funny at the expense of another in front of the forum and everyone would have a good laugh.

I called you on it publicly and your pride is stinging from being called on your mistake in front of the very people you thought it would entertain.

Instead of stepping up and saying you made a mistake and righting the issue of offending someone, you started with trying to defend your action with insults and grasping for moral high ground and now you're now trying to be intellectual about it to avoid doing the right thing.

You were insulting to my Wife, and it was unwarranted, and unwanted. You have never met her, or myself, and still felt it was acceptable to be degrading in a manner where you know what your implication was. We do not, will not, and have never had the kind of relationship where I would be comfortable with those comments

I called you on your misstep and rather than step forward and say, "Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Let's start again. Hi, my name is "Filthy" and I hope we can move forward" you chose to continue in an effort hide your mistake and try to emotionally, and intellectually bully your way into not having to admit you were wrong and accept the responsibility.

Dick Niaz knew right away to do what men who are respectful with each other should do. I openly said thank you and complimented him on his ability to step forward and explain himself as I know how difficult it can be. I've stepped in it before with a wrong approach and I've had to do the same and it's a hard thing to do because you never know what the response will be . On my part it is incumbent on me to accept his response, to say thank you, not hold it against him, and to move forward with my new found respect for him. This is what men do. He knows it, I know it, and we respect each other for it and in fact my respect for him is greater now. I will do this for you as well, when you choose to. It would not be right for me to do otherwise. I hope that if I ever do the same towards him he would correct me as well.

You were wrong and you know it. I am not about to step off and let it slide. Ironically, I would not pursue this with 99.9% of the topics posted about here but this is something where I won't allow it to be said without you knowing I won't be silent on it. Please understand that this is not particular to you, and that in any case, be it anywhere, should an insult like this be used I will openly rebuff it in the moment. I've drawn my line in the sand.

M

member 3289

You know it was wrong.

You thought you'd be funny at the expense of another in front of the forum and everyone would have a good laugh.

I called you on it publicly and your pride is stinging from being called on your mistake in front of the very people you thought it would entertain.

Instead of stepping up and saying you made a mistake and righting the issue of offending someone, you started with trying to defend your action with insults and grasping for moral high ground and now you're now trying to be intellectual about it to avoid doing the right thing.

You were insulting to my Wife, and it was unwarranted, and unwanted. You have never met her, or myself, and still felt it was acceptable to be degrading in a manner where you know what your implication was. We do not, will not, and have never had the kind of relationship where I would be comfortable with those comments

I called you on your misstep and rather than step forward and say, "Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Let's start again. Hi, my name is "Filthy" and I hope we can move forward" you chose to continue in an effort hide your mistake and try to emotionally, and intellectually bully your way into not having to admit you were wrong and accept the responsibility.

Dick Niaz knew right away to do what men who are respectful with each other should do. I openly said thank you and complimented him on his ability to step forward and explain himself as I know how difficult it can be. I've stepped in it before with a wrong approach and I've had to do the same and it's a hard thing to do because you never know what the response will be . On my part it is incumbent on me to accept his response, to say thank you, not hold it against him, and to move forward with my new found respect for him. This is what men do. He knows it, I know it, and we respect each other for it and in fact my respect for him is greater now. I will do this for you as well, when you choose to. It would not be right for me to do otherwise. I hope that if I ever do the same towards him he would correct me as well.

You were wrong and you know it. I am not about to step off and let it slide. Ironically, I would not pursue this with 99.9% of the topics posted about here but this is something where I won't allow it to be said without you knowing I won't be silent on it. Please understand that this is not particular to you, and that in any case, be it anywhere, should an insult like this be used I will openly rebuff it in the moment. I've drawn my line in the sand.
On the one hand, I totally get your sentiment. I don't like it when other people make wife jokes with me either for the same reasons you've mentioned.

In my case, I talk way too much shit to ever bitch about anything, so I don't bitch about it. But even if I didn't (and this works for your case as well), I wouldn't complain about it for two reasons:

1. It's the internet and it's an anonymous (for the most part) message board. So, for better or for worse, people making wife/s.o. jokes just comes with the territory sometimes. I don't like it either and typically avoid those jokes (though I'm sure one ofthe cunts who stalks me can find a post I made that shows otherwise lol), but I don't get upset when others make them, either. Not my cup of tea, but people have different senses of humor and it is what it is.

2. It is going to lead to the opposite of what you want (people not making jokes about your wife's fidelity etc.). Having any emotional reaction, no matter how well-written and respectful you make it, is going to lead to people trying to exploit that later on, just to make a joke or to annoy you.

Your best option would have been not to react at all, but that's just my opinion.

Just food for thought, brah. Not trying to lecture you or change your mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You know it was wrong.

It would be wrong if I knew you, or your wife, or had any reason to think that you would take such a common and flippant comment with such umbrage. You are the one with unreasonable expectations, and the one who approached the situation with indignation and demanded an apology.

asking for things that people have no obligation to give you is much more effective than demanding such things..

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
On the one hand, I totally get your sentiment. I don't like it when other people make wife jokes with me either for the same reasons you've mentioned.

In my case, I talk way too much shit to ever bitch about anything, so I don't bitch about it. But even if I didn't (and this works for your case as well), I wouldn't complain about it for two reasons:

1. It's the internet and it's an anonymous (for the most part) message board. So, for better or for worse, people making wife/s.o. jokes just comes with the territory sometimes. I don't like it either and typically avoid those jokes (though I'm sure one ofthe cunts who stalks me can find a post I made that shows otherwise lol), but I don't get upset when others make them, either. Not my cup of tea, but people have different senses of humor and it is what it is.

2. It is going to lead to the opposite of what you want (people not making jokes about your wife's fidelity etc.). Having any emotional reaction, no matter how well-written and respectful you make it, is going to lead to people trying to exploit that later on, just to make a joke or to annoy you.

Your best option would have been not to react at all, but that's just my opinion.

Just food for thought, brah. Not trying to lecture you or change your mind.
All of this.

Virtue signalling is rarely going to fix a problem.