Point Break is the best movie EVER!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I just listened to the Point Break episode of The Rewatchables podcast (an outstanding podcast, btw)

I learned...

Keanu wasn't the first choice to play Johnny Utah. Charlie Sheen and Johnny Depp were the producer's first choices. Swayze also initially auditioned for the part that Keanu eventually played. Matthew Broderick was also an early favorite to play the role. LOL @ Ferris Bueller playing an undercover FBI agent. Although when you think about it, Keanu was best known as Ted Logan from the Bill & Ted movies - so I guess that was a bit of a stretch as well at the time.

The movie was released on July 10, 1991. Terminator 2: Judgement Day was released one week before that on July 3, 1991. Not a bad one-two punch for July 1991 movie-goers.

The movie was directed by a woman - Kathryn Bigelow.

2 of the members in Bodhi's gang, Bojesse Christopher (Grommet) and John Philbin (Nathaniel), were pro surfers who acted on the side.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
You mean Goodfellas is like curley fries, when they're available, you get them.
That’s kind of my point. I understand why people like it so much, but it ain’t high on my list. I’m more of a tater tot guy myself. Not for nothing, I did look for it on some streaming services last night, been a while since I’ve seen seen and I just watched The Irishman so I figured I’d give it another go. Although, I did enjoy Goodfeathers on The Animaniacs.

Jan 21, 2015
Do any of you mofos like any movies that aren’t about guns or cops or war or crime? Any top 10s that don’t run along these themes?

I find it interesting the similarities in everyone’s choices here.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Do any of you mofos like any movies that aren’t about guns or cops or war or crime? Any top 10s that don’t run along these themes?

I find it interesting the similarities in everyone’s choices here.
Top gun

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Top Gun isn't about war?

It ends in a dogfight against enemy MiGs over the Indian Ocean. 4 MiGs are shot down, so if you include Goose that means 5 people died in the movie. Other than some aggressive tongue-wrestling between Maverick and Charlie and some homo-erotic volleyball playing, the entire movie is centered around war or at least training for it.

Keung

Banned
Jun 28, 2017
You for real ?

Get on my level

Direct a movie than come talk to me

I did and I won many a grammy

Point break lacks any real substance or proper dialog

Just some rehashed crap that's fool would enjoy

Good luck in life with that attitude clown shoes