General Poker

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There was tale of a redbelt so skilled in poker he used it to fund his hookers

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I play. Low stake neighborhood shit. We get between 6-8 guys depending on the night, $40 buy in. We play until there is a single winner or people have to go home. Usually it's dealer's choice, but sometimes we'll make it a Hold Em night.

But I don't follow the pros so I have no idea who this Durrrrr is.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The guy with the Aces didn't do himself any favors by only betting 3x the big blind, especially in a game where everyone has an ante stake in the game. Then the cards didn't fall right for him because the guy next to him (Dwan) was Q-10 suited and the next guy had pocket 3's. That's why everyone else called - it had the look of a large pot so it was worth the risk at only 3x the bb to see 3 more cards.

Eastgate had no business being in that hand even sitting in the blind position. An unsuited 2,4 - but he stays in because of the huge pot. Why not pay $2100 to see 3 more cards? And the flop comes up a pair of deuces and he's sitting with 3 of a kind. Then he slow plays his bet which ordinarily would be pretty smart, but with 8 pros in the game I think I'd try to thin the crowd a bit. His trips were the lowest you can get, and the only thing that can beat you at the table was if someone was holding pocket 10s. He probably should have opened big and let everyone know he had trips.

Dwan's first raise wasn't particularly ballsy. He had the high pair on the board with his 10's, and the dude with pocket A's opened week so he probably wasn't believing his $10k bet at the $20k pot. Again - calculated risk because he knows the players behind him were likely still in because it was so cheap.

When the 7 showed up on the turn and both players ahead of him quickly checked, Dwan knew he was in the driver seat. That was the right move to go after it. Represent yourself as having trip 10s or 7s, or even trip 2s with a solid kicker. He bet $100k, but I bet if either of those guys would have bet $60k he would have dropped out.

Dwan played it well, but I think he took it down because 2 other guys played it poorly.

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
The guy with the Aces didn't do himself any favors by only betting 3x the big blind, especially in a game where everyone has an ante stake in the game. Then the cards didn't fall right for him because the guy next to him (Dwan) was Q-10 suited and the next guy had pocket 3's. That's why everyone else called - it had the look of a large pot so it was worth the risk at only 3x the bb to see 3 more cards.

Eastgate had no business being in that hand even sitting in the blind position. An unsuited 2,4 - but he stays in because of the huge pot. Why not pay $2100 to see 3 more cards? And the flop comes up a pair of deuces and he's sitting with 3 of a kind. Then he slow plays his bet which ordinarily would be pretty smart, but with 8 pros in the game I think I'd try to thin the crowd a bit. His trips were the lowest you can get, and the only thing that can beat you at the table was if someone was holding pocket 10s. He probably should have opened big and let everyone know he had trips.

Dwan's first raise wasn't particularly ballsy. He had the high pair on the board with his 10's, and the dude with pocket A's opened week so he probably wasn't believing his $10k bet at the $20k pot. Again - calculated risk because he knows the players behind him were likely still in because it was so cheap.

When the 7 showed up on the turn and both players ahead of him quickly checked, Dwan knew he was in the driver seat. That was the right move to go after it. Represent yourself as having trip 10s or 7s, or even trip 2s with a solid kicker. He bet $100k, but I bet if either of those guys would have bet $60k he would have dropped out.

Dwan played it well, but I think he took it down because 2 other guys played it poorly.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015

I agree. I can't believe that guy dumped trip 2s. Have some balls.