Police: At least 500 weapons found in each room of Florida woman’s home

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — Deputies in Florida came across a scene out of a horror movie when responding to the home of Nickole Dykema with warrants out for her arrest.

Inside, they found at least 500 blade weapons in each room. Click here to view photos of the home.

Deputies, along with probation and parole officers, went to arrest Dykema, 47, just before 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

Courtesy: WFLA/ Hernando County Sheriff’s Office
When they arrived at her mobile home, they saw her looking at them out of a broken window. She was given multiple commands to come outside.

Dykema allegedly responded with obscenities and told the officers to “leave her property.”

After she refused to exit, officers forced entry into her home, where Dykema utilized a large machete-type weapon and attempted to stab an officer, missing his head by inches.

Dykema disappeared to a corner of the mobile home, hiding under a blanket. Deputies say she had a long, shiny sword waving around behind the blanket.

A Crisis Response Team was called in, and during negotiations with Dykema, she reportedly fled into another room that contained approximately 500 bladed weapons.

Deputies say that many rooms in her home contained at least that many weapons.

According to the sheriff’s office, Dykema armed herself with a number of bladed weapons and advanced toward the deputies a number of times.

Police say she refused to drop the weapons, and after failed attempts to use a less-than-lethal shotgun, deputies deployed a Taser to get her into custody. Neither Dykema nor any deputy was injured.

Courtesy: WFLA/ Hernando County Sheriff’s Office
Sheriff Al Nienhuis said, “This person was obviously dangerous to the community. It amazes me that these deputies were able to take her into custody without anyone being injured. It shows the level of their restraint and professionalism under very difficult and dangerous conditions.”

He continued, “Had something gone wrong, it would be easy for critics to accuse them of moving too quickly or too slowly. I appreciate their willingness to deal with these very volatile situations. I know the public appreciates them as well.”

She’s been charged with several counts of probation violation, property damage/criminal mischief, resist officer without violence and assault on an officer. She’s being held without bond.

The case remains under investigation.

Her previous arrests include resisting officer without violence, carrying concealed weapon and providing false name to law enforcement.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And they couldn't think of a reason to shoot her? Are you fucking shitting me. Right when I read she was in the corner of the room swinging machetes I'd be printing out my receipt for 3 clips of ammo

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Mental illness is never addressed here. Damn shame that she'll most likely be locked up as a criminal rather than as mental ill. At least give her shithouse rat crazy ass a 5150 hold.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Mental illness is never addressed here. Damn shame that she'll most likely be locked up as a criminal rather than as mental ill. At least give her shithouse rat crazy ass a 5150 hold.
This. Unfortunately it's difficult for sane people to recognize the inability of someone to control their own actions. It's much easier to lock them up and throw away the key.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
This is what years of meth use does to people. Florida, trailer, the way she acted and that mugshot all lead me to the conclusion that she seriously fucked up her brain doing meth. Either that or something else triggered her to go completely insane. Meth IMO.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Holy shit. Huge props to the cops for not shooting her and dealing with the situation in a responsible way. Agree with OhWhopDaChamp @MelE5150 , this has to be mental health issue and needs to be dealt like one.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holy shit. Huge props to the cops for not shooting her and dealing with the situation in a responsible way. Agree with OhWhopDaChamp @MelE5150 , this has to be mental health issue and needs to be dealt like one.
Maybe more cops should take cues from these dudes. You don't need to shoot everyone.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's illegal to have bladed weapons in Florida?

Or was it because she tried to use them on someone entering her home?

If she knew it was a valid arrest warrant then she should have surrendered but having that many bladed weapons in your home isn't a problem imo.

Now the decor was atrocious...