Society Police know man is unarmed, shoot him when he complies

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Did not result in death, so no outside agency is required to investigate.
Department responsible for shooting investigates shooting, DA decides not to pursue charges.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Is it just me or did it look like he had something in his hand and dropped it when he got shot? Still doesn't look good but was there something in his hand?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
*Blows him away*

GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!!

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Is it just me or did it look like he had something in his hand and dropped it when he got shot? Still doesn't look good but was there something in his hand?
is it OK for cops to shoot people if they have "something" in their hand?

He dropped a phone. Literally the most common thing for someone to have in their hand.

The shooter and those who cleared him should die in fire.
It's fucking ridiculous that officers' conduct are investigated by people so closely linked to them.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
They "Serve and Protected" the fuck out of that guy...

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
is it OK for cops to shoot people if they have "something" in their hand?

He dropped a phone. Literally the most common thing for someone to have in their hand.
They we're responding to a call of a man w a gun. He decides to run from cops when they approach. Then when he is trapped on rooftop he turns to face police. Instead of just getting down. Usually wen ppl r gona do something dumb they wait til they r cornered and then turn and face the cops. I don't usually run from cops when they come up to talk to me. And if I did I'd expect them to chase me w guns out. Esp on a gun call. Not saying the shooting is justified but he didn't do himself any favors.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
They we're responding to a call of a man w a gun. He decides to run from cops when they approach. Then when he is trapped on rooftop he turns to face police. Instead of just getting down. Usually wen ppl r gona do something dumb they wait til they r cornered and then turn and face the cops. I don't usually run from cops when they come up to talk to me. And if I did I'd expect them to chase me w guns out. Esp on a gun call. Not saying the shooting is justified but he didn't do himself any favors.
Kind of agree but he was finally attempting getting on the ground and then that’s when the gumshoe shot him

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
that's some real fancy dancin' to get to blaming the victim. They knew he wasn't armed. He wasn't hiding. They said "show us your hands" - he showed them his hands. They said said "get on the ground" - he started to get on the ground.

then they shot him 3 times. One bullet grazed his head.

What are the cops responsible for? Are they responsible for not shooting people who they know are unarmed?

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder why less lethal force wasn't an option? Taser? Hard to know without the background leading up to this. Something clearly falls out of his hand but what? Not good for sure.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
yeah - he's just living in a wheelchair.

I don't buy the argument that a cop's first duty is self-preservation. They're in a job where they're judgment is given deferential treatment, and one where someone shooting at you or trying to kill you is EXCEEDINGLY RARE. If someone hasn't tried to hurt you, or said they're going to hurt you in a believable way, you don't get to shoot them.

Neither should the cops.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm far from a bootlicker but you got a guy running from cops, he's trapped, he turns to face them with something in his hand...

Also, being unarmed does not mean you're immune to being shot. If you're a threat, someone can defend themselves with gun, whether you're armed or not.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm far from a bootlicker but you got a guy running from cops, he's trapped, he turns to face them with something in his hand...

Also, being unarmed does not mean you're immune to being shot. If you're a threat, someone can defend themselves with gun, whether you're armed or not.
he wasn't running when they shot him. He was obeying their commands. At what point do officers not get to shoot people?

At what point does irrational fear become cowardice?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I wonder why less lethal force wasn't an option? Taser? Hard to know without the background leading up to this. Something clearly falls out of his hand but what? Not good for sure.
it was a phone. He called his mom to tell her the police were going to arrest him.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
There are many guns that are smaller than a cell phone so the cop was justified in thinking that a fleeing suspect was armed, especially after the initial call was about him being armed and threatening.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
There are many guns that are smaller than a cell phone so the cop was justified in thinking that a fleeing suspect was armed, especially after the initial call was about him being armed and threatening.
you don't get to mistake the most common thing for someone to have in their hand with the most uncommon thing for someone to have in their hand. Especially when the guy just showed you his hands in a non-threatening posture and complied with all your commands.

It's also really relevant that the COPS KNEW HE WAS UNARMED. They had already established that fact and shared that information among themselves

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
People shot and killed by the police in the U.S. in 2018: 876
People shot and killed by the police in the U.K. in 2018: 1