Society Police use friendly face to get suspect to open door. Shoot him for pointing paintball gun

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
In all my years of being around firearms, not once would I have thought this was anything other than a CO2 gun. Good job tricking him to open the door for a familiar face though...

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
that happened pretty quick. no time to figure out if it is real or not . if you dont want to get shot .dont point guns at cops

Out of curiosity, if, in a similar situation, one pointed a paintball pistol at a non-leo civilian, would the civilian be justified in shooting in self defense? Would a judge or jury find them innocent of any potential charges?

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Agree, but being stupid should not be a death sentence(you should know this, you live in Florida:D). We need to evolve.

But they didn't have the ability to freeze frame the action and identify the weapon that I guess wasn't a real gun but I certainly couldn't tell it wasn't in real time when the guy stormed out the door holding it up in shooting position. Those cops had no alternative. The danger is real, cops get shot at all the time. It's not a job I would want to do.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Agree, but being stupid should not be a death sentence(you should know this, you live in Florida:D). We need to evolve.

There are degrees of stupid. This is one you don’t do. He paid for it with his life. Any cop would be in the right to shoot first ask questions later. You don’t point ANYTHING at a LEO let alone a gun including a paintball gun. To insinuate the cop was wrong is just not reality.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
There are degrees of stupid. This is one you don’t do. He paid for it with his life. Any cop would be in the right to shoot first ask questions later. You don’t point ANYTHING at a LEO let alone a gun including a paintball gun. To insinuate the cop was wrong is just not reality.
Exactly. Had he come walking slowly out of the room with the gun held down at his side I'm sure he would have been told to drop the gun. In this situation there was no time for a warning. He was literally charging at them pointing a gun..

M

member 3289

Out of curiosity, if, in a similar situation, one pointed a paintball pistol at a non-leo civilian, would the civilian be justified in shooting in self defense?
Most likely

Would a judge or jury find them innocent of any potential charges?
As long as they could show they had a reasonable fear for their own safety, yes.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Pointing guns at cops is not a winning game plan.
It is very very very highly likely he did not know there were cops standing out of view. He did not point it at them.
He pointed it at the dude in his peephole who was the only person he saw. And they shot him for it.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
He didn't seem to know cops were there

Why was there a cop on each side of the door? That is pretty dumb. Crossfire

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
He didn't seem to know cops were there

Why was there a cop on each side of the door? That is pretty dumb. Crossfire
They were using someone he knew to get him to open the door and then planning on storming in. He probably never even saw the cops. He came out pointing the paintball gun at the person he knew. Imagine your friend knocking on your door and you fucking with them with a paintball gun and then dying.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
They were using someone he knew to get him to open the door and then planning on storming in. He probably never even saw the cops. He came out pointing the paintball gun at the person he knew. Imagine your friend knocking on your door and you fucking with them with a paintball gun and then dying.
Anyone I call a friend wouldn't do that. My friends would call me and say "cops were just here trying to get me to knock on your door I told them to fuck off."
Those cops seemed like tards. Standing on either side of the door shows they have no idea what they're doing. Then one shoots the other one right away without pieing around

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Anyone I call a friend wouldn't do that. My friends would call me and say "cops were just here trying to get me to knock on your door I told them to fuck off."
Those cops seemed like tards. Standing on either side of the door shows they have no idea what they're doing. Then one shoots the other one right away without pieing around
Caught him right in the fucking gizzards

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It is very very very highly likely he did not know there were cops standing out of view. He did not point it at them.
He pointed it at the dude in his peephole who was the only person he saw. And they shot him for it.

If somebody points a gun at me out of nowhere I hope a cop will shoot them.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
rule number 1 of owning a gun is never point it at anybody. .cops arent going to wait and see if it is shooting paintballs or bullets either.they have a split second to act and if they dont act they could die. this guy is dead because of his own actions . in a perfect world the cops wouldnt have shot him but we dont live in a perfect world