Society Police use friendly face to get suspect to open door. Shoot him for pointing paintball gun

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
rule number 1 of owning a gun is never point it at anybody. .cops arent going to wait and see if it is shooting paintballs or bullets either.they have a split second to act and if they dont act they could die. this guy is dead because of his own actions . in a perfect world the cops wouldnt have shot him but we dont live in a perfect world
Believe it or not, a majority of police aren’t well versed in firearms to begin with. As soon as it was shown, I could see the CO2 delivery tubing and knew it was either a paintball or air soft type gun. Average cop won’t know and will shoot and be justified. Side-effect of mediocre training in all departments around the country.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Believe it or not, a majority of police aren’t well versed in firearms to begin with. As soon as it was shown, I could see the CO2 delivery tubing and knew it was either a paintball or air soft type gun. Average cop won’t know and will shoot and be justified. Side-effect of mediocre training in all departments around the country.
why wait and find out if that CO2 tubing is actually a PCP gun firing a .50 cal slug at your chest

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I spend an inordinate amount of time around firearms, and granted I'm watching the video on my cell phone made of rocks but I didn't have time to ascertain whether or not that was a real firearm. And the behavior of the Judas bystander didn't make me think it was a couple of bros having a laugh.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I spend an inordinate amount of time around firearms, and granted I'm watching the video on my cell phone made of rocks but I didn't have time to ascertain whether or not that was a real firearm. And the behavior of the Judas bystander didn't make me think it was a couple of bros having a laugh.
I doubt he had time to figure it out. He didnt have enough time to not shoot at the other cop and hit him. He was panicking.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
If you watch the gun come out, it has stainless steel braided tubing on it. I didn’t even see the reaction of the civilian. I saw a barrel at immediately focused on that and it was a fake gun.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I doubt he had time to figure it out. He didnt have enough time to not shoot at the other cop and hit him. He was panicking.
Exactly. Poorly trained. People complain about the police force becoming militarized, but the only thing they’re doing is snagging tachticool gear. They aren’t actually training in combat situations and have no clue what to do besides shoot. It’s honestly sad.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
why wait and find out if that CO2 tubing is actually a PCP gun firing a .50 cal slug at your chest
Why wait at all. Soon as he opens the door just blast them and claim you saw a gun.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If you watch the gun come out, it has stainless steel braided tubing on it. I didn’t even see the reaction of the civilian. I saw a barrel at immediately focused on that and it was a fake gun.
If I specifically pause the video at 15 seconds I can see what looks to be a stainless tube. It's a completely unrealistic expectation to expect someone to have noticed that on the fly when they're dealing with. I'm honestly surprised with the stance you're taking.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
If I specifically pause the video at 15 seconds I can see what looks to be a stainless tube. It's a completely unrealistic expectation to expect someone to have noticed that on the fly when they're dealing with. I'm honestly surprised with the stance you're taking.
I’m not saying it’s not a good shoot. Don’t confuse that. I’m saying he needlessly dies because this officer panicked over a paintball gun and even shot another officer

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It is very very very highly likely he did not know there were cops standing out of view. He did not point it at them.
He pointed it at the dude in his peephole who was the only person he saw. And they shot him for it.
It's anyone's guess what he thought. Went charging through the door pointing a weapon at cops; got shot.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I’m saying he needlessly dies because this officer panicked over a paintball gun and even shot another officer
He needlessly panicked after the fact. In the moment that was every bit a real firearm, again, look at the decoys reaction. That isn't the behavior of a guy dicking around with his buddy.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I’m not saying it’s not a good shoot. Don’t confuse that. I’m saying he needlessly dies because this officer panicked over a paintball gun and even shot another officer
If the cops had the ability to stop time and assess the situation they might have noticed the gun wasn't real. As 9it was they didn't have time.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ya. Nah. you'd have shot him too buddy.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
He needlessly panicked after the fact. In the moment that was every bit a real firearm, again, look at the decoys reaction. That isn't the behavior of a guy dicking around with his buddy.
I see that. Again, I understand why he shot... but look at how long he has to identify the weapon. He fumbles with his own sidearm before being able to pull it. This gives him extra time to see that it isn’t a threat, but he panicked, fumbled/pulled, and shot.

Again, good shoot according to law, but could have been avoided.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
but look at how long he has to identify the weapon.
At 12 seconds the door begins to open (suspect not yet visible) at 14 seconds the paintball gun is out of the body cams view headed toward the guys partner. So if we're very, very generous he had 2 seconds.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t think I would have and I’ve definitely busted doors down with people waiting on me... but I’m not him and his flight response was way more than mine.
I just don't think that's the way the human brain works under stress.We're talking about a second or so of reaction time here. I believe that you might well identify the fake weapon in a controlled rest setting; and that would be impressive in real time. But knocking on the flea bag hotel room door of a suspect with everything that encompasses?

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
At 12 seconds the door begins to open (suspect not yet visible) at 14 seconds the paintball gun is out of the body cams view headed toward the guys partner. So if we're very, very generous he had 2 seconds.
I’m not watching because I’m at all you can eat wings at Hooters, but how long does he have once he begins his initial back step and going for his weapon. If it was a gun the guy was willing to use, at least one person would be dead.

I don’t want to debate and be like and anti-cop type bitch because everyone knows I’m not, I just think it could have been avoided.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I’m not watching because I’m at all you can eat wings at Hooters, but how long does he have once he begins his initial back step and going for his weapon. If it was a gun the guy was willing to use, at least one person would be dead.

I don’t want to debate and be like and anti-cop type bitcoin because everyone knows I’m not, I just think it could have been avoided.
I agree it could have been avoided. As in if the guy didn't answer the door waving a gun.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I agree it could have been avoided. As in if the guy didn't answer the door waving a gun.
I shall reevaluate my stance with more video reviewing.

But he caught his partner right in the god damn chicken wing. We can all agree how fucking stupid that was.