Society Political Memes - Not a Safe Space

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Obamacare isn't any more affordable. People pretend Obamacare didn't take grocery money out of peoples hands...
There is actually a credible argument that insurance premiums would have risen higher without Obamacare. Boomers are starting to hit the age ranges were they get more expensive healthcare treatments, while also being such a large age demographic, and that cost is being pushed onto the average consumer driving costs up. If there were less people with insurance then those costs would be spread to fewer people and, hence, higher costs. Not that I think Obamacare is a great solution.

I've also heard that insurers are allowed to make a certain % of profit, which means they don't have any incentive to keep costs down, because the more it costs the more they can charge. Add in all the middle men, being unable to negotiate drug prices, and there are a multitude of reasons why health insurance costs are rising in the U.S. Without changing the whole system then Americans will continue to spend abnormally more than any other OECD country on healthcare.

Last edited:

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
There is actually a credible argument that insurance premiums would have risen higher without Obamacare. Boomers are starting to hit the age ranges were they get more expensive healthcare treatments, while also being such a large age demographic, and that cost is being pushed onto the average consumer driving costs up. If there were less people with insurance then those costs would be spread to fewer people and, hence, higher costs. Not that I think Obamacare is a great solution.

I've also heard that insurers are allowed to make a certain % of profit, which means they don't have any incentive to keep costs down, because the more it costs the more they can charge. Add in all the middle men, being unable to negotiate drug prices, and there are a multitude of reasons why health insurance costs are rising in the U.S., without changing the whole system then Americans will continue to spend abnormally more than any other OECD country on healthcare.

Obamacare is shit. I don't care about premiums even. It's what you get for your money. First pay thousands of dollars before you get ANYTHING. Fuck premiums for now. That is how it is in Europe, hell no. They complain about paying hundreds, not thousands. It is just a tax here for now, nothing more. So I do not want it.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Obamacare is shit. I don't care about premiums even. It's what you get for your money. First pay thousands of dollars before you get ANYTHING. Fuck premiums for now. That is how it is in Europe, hell no. They complain about paying hundreds, not thousands. It is just a tax here for now, nothing more. So I do not want it.
Yup, but that was the same situation as before with insurers right? It seems like the problem is with the insurers.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I think it is good to be critical of a president or world leader. But be consistent, don't come out of the woodworks just because your side isn't in power. That is what I see a lot of. The right called Obama Hitler, now the left does it. We all just play along, and while behing closed doors, they still get our money.

It was known Trump was a liar, it was known he was crooked, but to be pissed about him getting the vote this time around? ask yourself, what candidates were running, and how much trust did they garner to do so badly against a guy everybody seems to think so lowly of. This arrogance resulted in a Trump election. But the lesson isn't learned at all. Just more complaining.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yup, but that was the same situation as before with insurers right? It seems like the problem is with the insurers.
100 percent. But that problem is not adressed with the affordable care act, no matter which name you put it on. It just takes money from people with a slightly better promise. Healthcare is not even quite the word. It is a sick joke. Nothing to do with taking sides. You are correct. So to defend either side is foolish, you are defending a pile of dogshit.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
100 percent. But that problem is not adressed with the affordable care act, no matter which name you put it on. It just takes money from people with a slightly better promise. Healthcare is not even quite the word. It is a sick joke. Nothing to do with taking sides. You are correct. So to defend either side is foolish, you are defending a pile of dogshit.
Not really defending Obamacare, per se, other than saying it's a lot better than Trumpcare. Bernie introduced a bill to expand Medicare for all, that's something which has real promise. The people who originally wrote the medicare bill wanted it applied to everyone.

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Well, if you've studied fascism, you'd know that a defining characteristic is making populist, worker friendly, appeals while trying to gain power, but once in power to turn towards corporations and big business, selling out the people you made all those promises to.

So, I'm not surprised that antifa members agree with some of the early rhetoric Hitler used to gain support. It also sounds eerily familiar. Has anyone done something similar recently?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well, if you've studied fascism, you'd know that a defining characteristic is making populist, worker friendly, appeals while trying to gain power, but once in power to turn towards corporations and big business, selling out the people you made all those promises to.

So, I'm not surprised that antifa members agree with some of the early rhetoric Hitler used to gain support. It also sounds eerily familiar. Has anyone done something similar recently?
Stalin