(Poll) 2 of 3 UFC Fans Pick Conor to Win, who you got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What say you, TMMAC... Who wins on Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm going with Floyd. I never watch boxing and I haven't heard any good reasoning that makes me think Conor can beat him beside age and his left.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I want Conor to win, but I the last person I was told could beat Floyd was Ronda. And that tune changed pretty quickly. So...I have to pick Floyd, but I really do hope Conor knocks him out.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Conor by youth hunger and a will to go down in history.
Serious question. Do you think youth hunger is all it'll take? What sort of game plan do you feel Conor needs to implement? Come out aggressive and try to buy him? Be patient and give Floyd a false sense of security?

I still haven't heard anyone give a real breakdown on how he can win, it's just based on old vs new with no real details on how to exploit this advantage.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
If Conor wins, I will walk naked through my village and film it for all to see......unless it's a fix, which is quite possible considering the money involved in not only this freak show fight but a second freak show fight....which would allow me to not have to walk naked in front of the thousands of women which would surely be willing Conor on to win via legitimate stoppage......

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I have never doubted 2/3 of people are ignorant and dumb. Having said that, these people don't seem to be the betting type since mcgregor is an underdog, so I don't think 2/3 are dumb enough to actually think he will win.
I think there are compelling reasons to believe Conor can and will win this fight. But I can sometimes be ingnorant and dumb, so grain of salt and all that.

As for betting lines, the odds started with Conor as an 11-1 underdog and have shifted to 4-1 over time. That's because most bets are coming in on Conor.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think there are compelling reasons to believe Conor can and will win this fight. But I can sometimes be ingnorant and dumb, so grain of salt and all that.

As for betting lines, the odds started with Conor as an 11-1 underdog and have shifted to 4-1 over time. That's because most bets are coming in on Conor.
Please list compelling reasons

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Floyd will embarrass Conor. Thinking that Conor will win other than by injury or a .0001 percent Hail Mary punch shows massive ignorance about the sport of boxing.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Please list compelling reasons
Length and distance control are the two that will play the biggest role tactically. Conor will fight from MMA range, which is going to be extremely foreign to Floyd. Conor was gifted with gorilla arms, but as importantly, he knows how to take full advantage of them. Boxing 101 says don't step into your punches. But what if stepping into your punch allows you to take advantage of MMA distance? Conor's been doing exactly that for a decade now. He's perfected the technique with his straight left.

Combine the above with youth, hunger, power and a fight IQ that is through the roof and I think we'll see a creative game plan that will go completely around traditional boxing conventions. Many think that the sweet science is too developed for a radical new style to be effective within the rule set. I don't disagree with that generally, but believe Conor and team are special. I think they have a plan of attack that is going to be surprisingly effective.

Best part is that all conjecture aside, we get to settle the debate tomorrow night. I'm willing to concede that I may be completely biased and wrong with my logic.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Length and distance control are the two that will play the biggest role tactically. Conor will fight from MMA range, which is going to be extremely foreign to Floyd. Conor was gifted with gorilla arms, but as importantly, he knows how to take full advantage of them. Boxing 101 says don't step into your punches. But what if stepping into your punch allows you to take advantage of MMA distance? Conor's been doing exactly that for a decade now. He's perfected the technique with his straight left.

Combine the above with youth, hunger, power and a fight IQ that is through the roof and I think we'll see a creative game plan that will go completely around traditional boxing conventions. Many think that the sweet science is too developed for a radical new style to be effective within the rule set. I don't disagree with that generally, but believe Conor and team are special. I think they have a plan of attack that is going to be surprisingly effective.

Best part is that all conjecture aside, we get to settle the debate tomorrow night. I'm willing to concede that I may be completely biased and wrong with my logic.
Thank you. I think you are the first person I've quoted or tagged to give some sort of input besides "he's younger and has a great left".

I can't argue with youth, hunger and power but I just can't see fight IQ serving Conor better giving the circumstances. I'm not saying Conor doesn't have any but how can this be a stronger attribute to him over Floyd?

My concern is that he got out boxed by Diaz. It's the only time we've really seen Conor in deep waters and he folded quickly. He's amazing when all cylinders are firing but if he starts to lose momentum can he get it back?

I don't follow boxing at all, I've seen Floyd fight twice so I don't even know what his strengths are beside being an incredible defensive boxer. I'm hearing on sports shows now that he's one of the best counter punches out there, you agree? Is there a chance he get Conor to over commit with his left then drops him?

I'm all for team McG here but I just can't see how he pulls it off.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017

average bet at MGM on Connor is $216, on Floyd it's a little over $8,000. the guys who do it for a living think Floyd is a lock

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I usually get my picks right when I separate my 'head' pick vs my 'heart' pick.

My official pick is my head pick - Floyd (probably by TKO/ref stop in 6th or 7th round).
But ... my heart wants McGregor to win badly. Mostly because I now see how much pettiness and bitch-modeness there is in the boxing community, and they need a reality check and suicidal thoughts.
So I hope Mac wins the only way he can - by swarm; early and often in the first 2-3 rounds.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I only pick Floyd the same as i would conor in a cage. Sure conor can catch him that is possible for anyone but is Conor better than all of Floyds past opponents? I dont think so.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I usually get my picks right when I separate my 'head' pick vs my 'heart' pick.

My official pick is my head pick - Floyd (probably by TKO/ref stop in 6th or 7th round).
But ... my heart wants McGregor to win badly. Mostly because I now see how much pettiness and bitch-modeness there is in the boxing community, and they need a reality check and suicidal thoughts.
So I hope Mac wins the only way he can - by swarm; early and often in the first 2-3 rounds.
See that is the only way i see him winning, is by swarming him and catching him.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I just can't see fight IQ serving Conor better giving the circumstances. I'm not saying Conor doesn't have any but how can this be a stronger attribute to him over Floyd?
Floyd definitely has a very strong Boxing IQ. But Conor has an overall highly developed fighting IQ. He and his team are going to approach this puzzle from a holistic fighting approach, rather than a traditional boxing approach. Conor is going to bring modified MMA boxing strategy. Conor knows traditional boxing intimately. Does Floyd know MMA boxing at anywhere near the same level? I suspect it's not even close, but we can't know for sure until tomorrow.

My concern is that he got out boxed by Diaz. It's the only time we've really seen Conor in deep waters and he folded quickly. He's amazing when all cylinders are firing but if he starts to lose momentum can he get it back?
Conor tuned up Diaz in both fights when he was fresh. Yes, when he gassed that changed everything, but in the second fight he showed a deeper conditioning tank. All indications are that the first Diaz fight showed Conor that he needed to make conditioning a higher priority and that he's done exactly that since. He will certainly tire if the fight goes long, but I don't think we'll see him gas hard like he did in Diaz I. Bottom line though is in my first sentence... When both were fresh, Conor dominated Diaz in the striking game.

Is there a chance he get Conor to over commit with his left then drops him?
For sure there's a chance. Probably a decent to good one that Conor gets clipped a few times. I have confidence in Conor's chin to withstand Floyd's power and not drop though when he does take a shot. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that Conor doesn't have a good chin. Other than Diaz rocking him one time in 6.5 rounds, I haven't seen any evidence in Conor's career that he can't take a punch, nor much evidence in Floyd's recent career that he has game changing power.

I'm all for team McG here but I just can't see how he pulls it off.
Just remember that prior to every single one of his major victories, the masses were saying he had no chance. Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz II, Alvarez. Same thing every time.

Believe.
:cheers:

Last edited:

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Interesting dicotomy emerging...

Casual fans voting 67% Conor on Twitter.

Hardcores voting 80% Floyd on TMMAC.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Just remember that prior to every single one of his major victories, the masses were saying he had no chance. Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz II, Alvarez. Same thing every time.

Believe.
:cheers:
I believe Conor was the Favorite in all those fights except a minor dog to Aldo.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I believe Conor was the Favorite in all those fights except a minor dog to Aldo.
Odds are kind of a weird animal. I was referring more to the masses of voices on social and regular media, plus my own circle of friends/acquaintences. Maybe the detractors have always stood out to me more - and I am willing to concede possible perception bias - but they always seem to say the same thing before Conor's fights (he has no chance) and after (it was some sort of fluke).

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
After analyzing this fight for hours, I've come to the conclusion that Floyd Mayweather will defeat Conor McGregor on Saturday, August 26th, 2017 A.D.