(Poll) 2 of 3 UFC Fans Pick Conor to Win, who you got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What say you, TMMAC... Who wins on Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Serious question. Do you think youth hunger is all it'll take? What sort of game plan do you feel Conor needs to implement? Come out aggressive and try to buy him? Be patient and give Floyd a false sense of security?

I still haven't heard anyone give a real breakdown on how he can win, it's just based on old vs new with no real details on how to exploit this advantage.
I fell the gameplan will change, shift is probably a better word, as the fight goes on. I fully expect Conor to come out like a lunatic in the first few round and try and blitz him then shift toward a bit more range as soon as Floyd starts to figure out his timing.
When he does that I think he will do a lot of lateral moving and leaping in from odd angles with shots and either look to get into a clinch to make Floyd work or dis engage with a shot to close the door I honestly think it'll look a bit like Roy Jones but less focus on power and more on just staying busy looking for an opportunity, in the Malignaggi footage he does a lot of landing what people will call arm punches when he has taken a new angle after closing the distance.
I think volume and angles are the keys to beating Floyd in close, if he can create enough static with taps he might be able to catch a few good ones and Floyd will have to do a lot of bobbing and weaving hopefully a lot more than even he is used to.
That's what I hope happens anyway. We'll see soon enough.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Many think that the sweet science is too developed for a radical new style to be effective within the rule set
And then people like Lomachenko or RJJ or Prince Naseem or Rigondeau or Emmanuel Augustus pop up and are successful outside the orthodoxy, I'm not comparing Conor to them I'm just illustrating the above point.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Γαλάνης @Ghostface who you got and how?
It's one of those heart vs mind things. My heart wants Conor to win so bad, but you know the deal lol.

The way I would see Conor pulling off the impossible is that Floyd IS in fact a human being and can be concussed, and fighters who stick around too long can get old over night in one fight. Conor hits hard, and if that night happens to be tomorrow, it could be crazy. Of course, this is Floyd, and in 2017 40 is the new 30 in sports. I just want Conor to win so bad for what it'd do for the sport of MMA and how insane it would be in general.

But if you put a gun to my head and FORCED me to pick what I think is going to happen, I would say Floyd by a late standing stoppage after the 8th-9th round due to an accumulation of punches while Conor is exhausted. Repeated warning by ref to protect himself, he doesn't go down or anything, but it gets waved off.

PLEASE MMA gods let the unthinkable happen tomorrow.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I fell the gameplan will change, shift is probably a better word, as the fight goes on. I fully expect Conor to come out like a lunatic in the first few round and try and blitz him then shift toward a bit more range as soon as Floyd starts to figure out his timing.
When he does that I think he will do a lot of lateral moving and leaping in from odd angles with shots and either look to get into a clinch to make Floyd work or dis engage with a shot to close the door I honestly think it'll look a bit like Roy Jones but less focus on power and more on just staying busy looking for an opportunity, in the Malignaggi footage he does a lot of landing what people will call arm punches when he has taken a new angle after closing the distance.
I think volume and angles are the keys to beating Floyd in close, if he can create enough static with taps he might be able to catch a few good ones and Floyd will have to do a lot of bobbing and weaving hopefully a lot more than even he is used to.
That's what I hope happens anyway. We'll see soon enough.
I have a feeling there is going to be quite a bit of clinch work from McG. Not breaking the rules but bending them to use his weight/strength advantage to force Floyd to work a lot more than he's used to during clinches. Wouldn't be surprised to see things like shoves off clinches and other tactics that will make Floyd angry. We all know how Conor operates - lunatic prefight, then calm during, all the while baiting opponents into emotional responses. You'd think Floyd is mentally sharpe and seasoned enough to not fall for it. I don't.

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
I have a feeling there is going to be quite a bit of clinch work from McG. Not breaking the rules but bending them to use his weight/strength advantage to force Floyd to work a lot more than he's used to during clinches. Wouldn't be surprised to see things like shoves off clinches and other tactics that will make Floyd angry. We all know how Conor operates - lunatic prefight, then calm during, all the while baiting opponents into emotional responses. You'd think Floyd is mentally sharpe and seasoned enough to not fall for it. I don't.
Ye no I just watched the weigh in Floyd did well there.

Edit - as far as Floyd drawing emotional response goes.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
OOHHHH MY, i think i just changed my mind, if got that weird gut feeling again.

I'm calling it right now Conor McGregor is KTFO of Mayweater JR

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Floyd will embarrass Conor. Thinking that Conor will win other than by injury or a .0001 percent Hail Mary punch shows massive ignorance about the sport of boxing.
100%. The only real question is whether or not Conor will make it to the final bell. I have been thinking all along that Conor will survive. However, I'm now thinking Floyd is gonna put him away.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
Floyd definitely has a very strong Boxing IQ. But Conor has an overall highly developed fighting IQ. He and his team are going to approach this puzzle from a holistic fighting approach, rather than a traditional boxing approach. Conor is going to bring modified MMA boxing strategy. Conor knows traditional boxing intimately. Does Floyd know MMA boxing at anywhere near the same level? I suspect it's not even close, but we can't know for sure until tomorrow.

Conor tuned up Diaz in both fights when he was fresh. Yes, when he gassed that changed everything, but in the second fight he showed a deeper conditioning tank. All indications are that the first Diaz fight showed Conor that he needed to make conditioning a higher priority and that he's done exactly that since. He will certainly tire if the fight goes long, but I don't think we'll see him gas hard like he did in Diaz I. Bottom line though is in my first sentence... When both were fresh, Conor dominated Diaz in the striking game.

For sure there's a chance. Probably a decent to good one that Conor gets clipped a few times. I have confidence in Conor's chin to withstand Floyd's power and not drop though when he does take a shot. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that Conor doesn't have a good chin. Other than Diaz rocking him one time in 6.5 rounds, I haven't seen any evidence in Conor's career that he can't take a punch, nor much evidence in Floyd's recent career that he has game changing power.

Just remember that prior to every single one of his major victories, the masses were saying he had no chance. Poirier, Mendes, Aldo, Diaz II, Alvarez. Same thing every time.

Believe.
:cheers:
Trying to implement mma boxing against arguably the best defensive boxer ever is a poor idea. He will get dismantled easily. He needs to fight Floyd like maidana did in their the 1st fight to have a chance. I just don't think he can sustain the pace, and will see very quickly how fast and accurate Floyd is. Boxing a boxer in boxing when you yourself are not a boxer...it's gonna be rough.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Trying to implement mma boxing against arguably the best defensive boxer ever is a poor idea. He will get dismantled easily. He needs to fight Floyd like maidana did in their the 1st fight to have a chance. I just don't think he can sustain the pace, and will see very quickly how fast and accurate Floyd is. Boxing a boxer in boxing when you yourself are not a boxer...it's gonna be rough.
Did you listen to Miletich after the weigh ins?

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
And then people like Lomachenko or RJJ or Prince Naseem or Rigondeau or Emmanuel Augustus pop up and are successful outside the orthodoxy, I'm not comparing Conor to them I'm just illustrating the above point.
Exactly. If boxing was as pure and golden as the boxing bitches would have us believe, those guys would never have made it.

Interesting that Joe Cortez said Conor's style reminded him of Prince Naseem.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
FYI in a recent interview, Danus White said Conor will fight like Maidana did.....

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
3 rounds off my actual prediction.

But ........ glad MiniMac put up a helluva good accounting of himself especially early.

The boxing cockfaggits who said he wouldn't land a punch though.... or wouldn't survive the first round ...... they need to eat some raw crow anus.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
3 rounds off my actual prediction.

But ........ glad MiniMac put up a helluva good accounting of himself especially early.

The boxing cockfaggits who said he wouldn't land a punch though.... or wouldn't survive the first round ...... they need to eat some raw crow anus.

There was a lot of unrealistic absolutes on both sides.
Mayweather has never been a Tyson style early starting KO machine lol

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
But if you put a gun to my head and FORCED me to pick what I think is going to happen, I would say Floyd by a late standing stoppage after the 8th-9th round due to an accumulation of punches while Conor is exhausted. Repeated warning by ref to protect himself, he doesn't go down or anything, but it gets waved off.

"Floyd by a late standing stoppage after the 8th-9th round due to an accumulation of punches while Conor is exhausted. Repeated warning by ref to protect himself, he doesn't go down or anything, but it gets waved off."

:(

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
"Floyd by a late standing stoppage after the 8th-9th round due to an accumulation of punches while Conor is exhausted. Repeated warning by ref to protect himself, he doesn't go down or anything, but it gets waved off."

:(

Amazing call. I really thought Conor could shock the world and pull off the victory. Floyd fought the perfect fight and decisively showed why even the best MMA fighters should not try to box professionally (at least if they care about winning). Is what it is. Grats to Floyd and the sport of boxing as a whole.