Society POLL - Do you Support or Oppose Trump's Executive Order (travel ban)?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Support or Oppose Trump Executive Order (travel ban)?

• Support

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Oppose

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
M

member 3289

What is happening?
  • The order brings in a suspension of the US Refugee Admissions Programme for 120 days
  • There is also an indefinite ban on Syrian refugees
  • And anyone arriving from seven Muslim-majority countries - Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen - faces a 90-day visa suspension. Some visa categories, such as diplomats and the UN, are not included in the suspension
  • The order also introduces a cap of 50,000 refugees to be accepted in 2017, against a limit of 110,000 set by former President Barack Obama
  • Priority will be given to religious minorities facing persecution in their countries. In an interview, Mr Trump singled out Christians in Syria
  • A suspension of the Visa Interview Waiver Program, which allows consular officers to exempt some applicants from face-to-face interviews if they are seeking to renew their temporary visas within a year of expiry
  • Exceptions could be made on a case-by-case basis
Who is affected by the ban?
All travellers who have nationality or dual nationality of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen are not permitted to enter the US for 90 days, or be issued an immigrant or non-immigrant visa.

This includes those who share dual nationality with allied countries, including the UK, although Canada has been told its dual nationals are not affected.

Trump's executive order: Who does travel ban affect? - BBC News

Vote and explain your choice if you feel like it.

If you're unable to explain your position without sounding like an ignorant bigot, DON'T EXPLAIN IT.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Banning won't help with shit and using force has never worked . There should be a new strategy to fight terrorism in the world..
Best strategy would be track where these fuckheads are getting money from , once you stop their finances terrorism will die.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Lets get some PBP Drizzt.
The "90 day ban" (and all the above) was not implemented in advance of an imminent threat as some interpetted from prior interviews. Was just a proactive national defense measure

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
will try to hit any big points, but here's a funny one. keep in mind this is from the press secretary, not trump: "there's been no better friend to Israel and the Jewish people than Donald Trump. and to suggest anything otherwise is disappointing"

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
no specific anyswer regarding timing of reforming Dodd Frank, but earlier, i heard Donald double down on his policy of 2 for 1 (removing 2 regulations for every one he passes)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
still going on, but not nearly as many questions addressing the "travel ban" as i had expected from this press Q&A. im trying not to derail this thread with other stuff

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
thinks the reaction is over-blown. "this is about the safety of america. and in the last few days, 109 out of 325,000 were stopped. they dont want to be looking in the rear view mirror and thinking they shouldnt have done something like this"

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
nothing too ground breaking. same things all the right wing pundits have been saying all day today on FOX/CNN

- when asked, press secretary eninsuated that Schummers tears Fake
- 109 were detained in the U.S., but apparently there were others detained along the way, such as 300 in (Austria?) per the journalist. press secretary didnt give more information on that number
- "is there a lesson to be learned in regards to the roll out" >>> "the people that needed to be kept in the loop, were kept in the loop"

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
If you don't care then simply don't open the thread and don't vote.

There's no need to double shitpost to express your indifference.
Perhaps when asking an opinion you could have the foresight to know that there'd be more then two possible conclusions.... But you're from Florida and we all know how the education works down there..

M

member 3289

Or maybe i insert it in there anyway?
Do that and I'll ask an admin to delete the thread.

I'm interested in hearing from those who actually have an opinion on the topic. I don't care to hear from those who don't. Make your own thread if you want that.