(POLL) McGregor's opponent for UFC 196

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who do you want McGregor to face at UFC 196?

• Pettis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diaz

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Cerrone

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Edgar

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I cast the vote for Frankie, not because it's the most interesting fight, but because Frankie's been getting the shaft too long. He's due.

For pure entertainment value, I choose Nate. Just imagine Conor making fun of Nate before the fight and the in-cage taunting between the two, LOL.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I have no preference but maybe it would good to ease him in to the division before he gets demolished by all in the poll.

I seriously think a fight with Bobby Green would be interesting

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
I voted for Ferguson because that seems like the most fun fight. I would have went for Cerrone but he is too slow of starter, it would suck to see Conner take him out before he got started. I think if Cerrone could make it to the second round he would school Conner but I am not confident that he can do so.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Frankie is apparently hurt, and there is no way Conor makes 145 before March 5th. It will be a 155er, and I feel like this is there 1 chance to make the Nate fight happen. I love Nate Diaz but I am not sure he stays a contender through that murderers row for long enough to fight Conor down the road. If Nate is in any shape at all and can make the weight, let's get that Mac vs a Diaz bro matchup going.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I voted Diaz. Leave Nurmagomedov and Ferguson. No point in breaking up a potential title eliminator. No way Cerrone turns around that quickly and puts on a good performance.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
My preferences after Edgar injury:

1) Nate - gonna be fireworks before, during and maybe even after the fight.
2) Cerrone - not as interesting rivalry but there's been some shit between he and Mac
3) CM Punk - just throw him to the wolves in a catch weight and get this charade over with.*

* that's a joke

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I'm sure Dana and company are thinking long and hard. How bad would it be for someone to come in on 11 days notice and beat McGregor. Bad for business.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Actually Pettis doesn't seem all that unlikely. He said he wanted a real fight. Give it to him.
They just booked Pettis last week vs. Barboza. I'm sure Dana could tear up the bout agreement and write a new one though. He can do whatever he wants and not even the media wants to take him to task for fear of losing their cred. LOL

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
They just booked Pettis last week vs. Barboza. I'm sure Dana could tear up the bout agreement and write a new one though. He can do whatever he wants and not even the media wants to take him to task for fear of losing their cred. LOL
I completely forgot about that, and that's been a match up I've wanted for a while.

And yeah if you disagree with Daddy Dana you get your privileges taken away....

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Frankie! give the man a shot already.

edit - oh wait not enough time for training camp..

maybe Nate then on short notice.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015

all fingers point to Nate Diaz. Everyone else is hurt, or has a fight booked, or just fought. Give Diaz the FIGHT! or at least make a decision quick so Conor has time to adjust.