Poll - Stylebender Vs Gastelum... let's talk about it!

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by MMA Slam Podcast, Apr 12, 2019.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Monday at 8:53 AM.
  1. Isreal

14.3%
  2. Kelvin

85.7%
  1. MMA Slam Podcast

MMA Slam Podcast Active Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Whasssup guys...

Sooooo this is a really good fight. Who do you guys got winning and why? I think Gastelum is for sure Israel's biggest test to date. But I think he is going to pass the test with flying colors. His defensive wrestling really impressed me vs Brunson. Dude was so composed and a pain in the ass to take down lol. Gastelum has that knock you into another dimension power though.

But what is Gastelum going to bring on the feet that Israel hasn't dealt with before? Striking wise anyway. In MMA the range is different, striking different than pure striking sports. The threat of the takedown definitely alters a strikers skillset. But I really think Israel takes this. We will find out soon! Who you guys got?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Onetrickpony

Onetrickpony The seal of approval

Ratings:
    +27,622

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. tang

tang love it or loving it?

Ratings:
    +8,118
    stylebender. because of range, technique, and striking experience and enough mma grappling to fend off Gestalum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Atto

Atto Conor is Twitter Champion

Ratings:
    +4,680
    Style will pick Gas apart on the feet.

5. Shang TsOng2

Shang TsOng2 The real Slim Shady Song
    First 100

Ratings:
    +17,622
    Kelvin because

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher The people want to know.
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +52,791
    I was also impressed with Isreals fight against Brunson. Biggest difference in this fight is KG has far better striking and can set up TDs instead of telegraphing them from way out. We all knew what both guys game plan was coming into that fight, DB wanted to grind on the cage and mat and IA wanted to go full Matrix. Kelvin has far more options here. Once again Gastelum is the smaller man coming in as the underdog. If he can refrain from backing up too much, keep just outside Isreals range he may be able to catch him reaching and land that beautiful 1,2 of his.

I like Adesanya but I still think he's a little overhyped. 5-0 in the UFC in great but that's 3 decisions (one SD) and two KOs. Bisping looked better against Silva. At the very least I want to see KG tag him a few times to see what kind of heart Adesanya has when things get tough.

7. PND (loves cheeseburgers)

Ratings:
    +31,204
    Interesting fight because of Adesanya’s length and technique and Gastelum’s wrestling and one shot power.

Kelvin needs to stay close and get inside the reach of Adesanya or he’s not going to have a chance. If he can push him against the cage for a few rounds he could wear on Adesanya and tire him. I do think Gastelum probably has the worse gas tank though.

I picked Kelvin due to his power but Adesanya is by far the better striker and he’s incredibly elusive. Adesanya can get cocky and this could be Silva/Weidman 2.0.

• Like Like x 2
  8. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Captain Vague

Ratings:
    +27,205
    The FANS...
    [​IMG]

Or Kelvin
    [​IMG]

9. Shang TsOng2

Shang TsOng2 The real Slim Shady Song
    First 100