[POLL] Time for Rashad to retire?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Should Rashad Evans retire?

• No, he has more to give inside the octagon

• Yes, he should call it a day

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
'Suga' Rashad Evans will make his Middleweight debut against Tim Kennedy at UFC 205.
Rashad was absolutely destroyed in his last fight, being knocked out in the second minute of the first round by Glover Teixeira in April of this year and lost a decision against Ryan Bader back in 2015.
Rashad hasn't won inside the octagon since 2013.
With Rashad showing he is an excellent analyst and commentator for FOX Sports, is it time for Rashad to call it a day or should he go for one last run in Middleweight?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm going to sound a bit pedantic but I think the question needs clarifying. "Should" he retire? I think he should do whatever he feels is best for him.

Would another way to frame the question be, would we retire if we were in his shoes? Probably not, he is small for a LHW and might do OK at MW. And he probably earns more fighting than just about anything else.

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
I'm going to sound a bit pedantic but I think the question needs clarifying. "Should" he retire? I think he should do whatever he feels is best for him.

Would another way to frame the question be, would we retire if we were in his shoes? Probably not, he is small for a LHW and might do OK at MW. And he probably earns more fighting than just about anything else.
I highly doubt he's earning as much fighting as he is on that analyst deal he has with fox.
Maybe before the Reebok deal, but I highly doubt he is now.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
What language you speaking, homie? Might wanna re-phrase the options lol.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
What don't you understand about the poll options?
No, he should not retire
and
Yes, he should retire
I thought it was pretty obvious?

Edit To Add:
After I posted I see you corrected it.
No probs just pointing it out. :)

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Father time eventually catches up to every fighter, it sucks but it's the truth. I find it hard to watch some of these people that you have so many memories of get beat time after time when they get a little long in the tooth. As a fan, especially as a fan that has never fought I think it's asinine for me to think I should even have an opinion on when a fighter should retire.

To me it's up to the fighter, the fighters team and his or her family. We can talk about it but one of the things that annoys me beyond words is when a fighter loses and people start saying "he's done" "better retire" "he's a can now".

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Bro that's a whole lot of trouble to point out a mistake :tearsofjoy:
Something tells me you like to prove a point?:tearsofjoy:
I know I fucked up on the choice already, but thank you for making it incredibly clear, arrows and everything!:tearsofjoy:
It's like a presentation for a potential new client.

TheLDPodcast

Aug 17, 2016
Father time eventually catches up to every fighter, it sucks but it's the truth. I find it hard to watch some of these people that you have so many memories of get beat time after time when they get a little long in the tooth. As a fan, especially as a fan that has never fought I think it's asinine for me to think I should even have an opinion on when a fighter should retire.

To me it's up to the fighter, the fighters team and his or her family. We can talk about it but one of the things that annoys me beyond words is when a fighter loses and people start saying "he's done" "better retire" "he's a can now".
Maybe it is just my biased opinion that thinks he should retire because he's on a bad streak.
But I definitely do think that FOX analyst job is a job for life for a guy like Rashad!
He is so knowledgeable and is also entertaining, so why risk more head trauma and possibly a great job getting back into the octagon when you're already a legend of the sport, yeno?

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Maybe it is just my biased opinion that thinks he should retire because he's on a bad streak.
But I definitely do think that FOX analyst job is a job for life for a guy like Rashad!
He is so knowledgeable and is also entertaining, so why risk more head trauma and possibly a great job getting back into the octagon when you're already a legend of the sport, yeno?
It's crazy to think he went from that weird head bobbing TUF guy to the champ to arguably one of the best analysts in sports. I'm getting old.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
I think he has some fight still in him but he definitely has a future on the broadcast team.
This fight against Kennedy will be a good test.